Alatar Grows The Hobbit's Leaf

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by Alatar, Oct 9, 2010.

1. Too much water is a possibility, Bob. The medium is half perlite, though.

2. yo bro...your runnin straightcoco/perlite no nutes added...any rizo or superthrive yet...something we are missing here...water???...sure you got your ph down...and the basics..just bad luck???...temps???...genetics:eek:...the tude:eek:...im just tossin' stuff out here bro ta cover some bases...does suck though

3. What about your temps?

4. Yup.

Nope.

I did switch her to pH adjusted tap from distilled yesterday.

Temps are 78-82 with the lights on, dipping into the 60s at night. It's been mild, though.

The SLH broke the surface tail first and had to be replanted. She could have sustained root damage. They got a little stretched.

[​IMG]

There's about 18 inches of stem under that coco. It's folded up like an accordion. Maybe she doesn't like the marshmallows.

----

Attached Files:

5. the switch to tap..chlorine or cloramine..if i dont set out over night sometimes i forget to add tap conditioner:eek:...but not seedlings i dont think..a hex????did ya piss off anyone really strang lately:eek:grow room excorcist:D..its just dam weird..is this the 2nd to head north on ya..i know noone is more frustrated than you are...hell bro..you give fire advice..this aint supposed ta be happenin..know what i mean...beans...something in transite..got too hot or cold..i'm graspin' at seedlings here..let me sleep and wrap my head around this..later

6. Hey Alatar, your SLH looks thirsty man, I hope she pulls through, she's worth all the trouble I promise! I think you are doing right with the Big Bloom for sure, I like to start charging up the coco before the 3rd leafs show up, set them up a welcome buffet LOL

Nice quote about Rivera BTW :)

7. It's more likely that I top her off too frequently.

Me too, Ed. Me too. I want to find out why this plant keeps reappearing in your flower room.

It's always time for Big Bloom. Actually, it's the AK-47 that I really want to hit up, but I'll wait.

Now, if we could only get to see him pitch tomorrow. :D Actually, I should say tonight.

8. Alatar,

Strange. Are the lights 24/7 ? I would think the temps are not too low at night. Is the stem bent under the coco? That could be your problem. You may want to transplant to a larger cup and plant her deep enough so that the stem stays straight.

You could also use a popsicle stick or a toothpick as a splint until she recovers.

V

9. 18/6. The temps have been good, I think.

Nah, I was engaging in a bit of hyperbole there. She did get stretched and I did bury some stem, but there should not be any kinks.

Thanks for the suggestion, Ventoux. She's up to her neck in coco right now. She looked OK when I peeked in on her this morning.

10. Hey Alatar,

Good lookin sprouts.. They all are special in their own way.. some have helmets and others are just too lazy and lay down... just yell at it like R. Lee Ermey from full metal jacket and it'll stand up straight or give ya 50 while it's down there :D

11. Hey, Kinetic!

Is it too damp? Is it too dry? Is the light too close? Is it too far away? Is the fan too strong? Is it not strong enough? I'm tired of sprouts. I'm ready for actual plants now. Get a move on, girls!

I got one that checked all the boxes.

Yeah, but remember what happened to him in that movie. He met a messy end right outside the shower stall. :eek:

12. Oh my God! There's... there's something coming up out of the coco!

[​IMG]

OH NO! It's another seedling! Aaaaaaiiiiiieeeeee!!

----

Attached Files:

13. Such a suspense king you are! I guess we are going to have to wait until fully above ground before we find who it is? :rolleyes:

14. Mekong Haze... it'd better be. :devious: BRING OUT THE HAZE! BRING OUT THE HAZE!

But it isn't actually haze, is it?:eek:

15. shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh...nobody talk.....maybe we scared that last couple ta death:eek:

16. Ooops... too late now:eek:

17. Hey, Mrs. E, I've got nothing to work with here except seedlings. How do you keep a compelling grow journal with nothing but seedlings, and seedlings that won't even stay erect at that? I've got a grow journal devoted to torporous, somnambulistic seedlings!

They came from out of the coco! Zombie seedlings from Nederland!

That's right, Mrs. E! You know the drill. They have to stand up, at least briefly, before they are identified by make and model. Then they are tagged and allowed to roam freely about the garden. But no lying down!

18. #158 Alatar, Oct 19, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 19, 2010
    No, Mekong Haze has no Haze Bros genetics. Apparently, back in the day, over on the left coast, Moondoggy and Gidget used to call any potent sativa a haze plant. Delta 9 Labs has elected to go with the original usage. They are classically trained potheads over there.

And no, that is not a Mekong Haze seedling bursting forth from the coco and discovering that it's not in Cambodia. I'm still working my way through the original lineup. I have yet to kill them all. But the Mekong Haze draws closer with each passing seedling.

Post #1967. I bought my first Frank Zappa album in 1967.

19. my "almost" perfect plant sends her best :rolleyes: maybe your seedlings just need a role model

Attached Files:

20. That is a noble lady, area 51. My seedlings took one look at her and swooned.