Alatar Grows The Hobbit's Leaf

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by Alatar, Oct 9, 2010.

1. I hope the storm doesn't mess with you to bad!

2. How goes it bubba? You guys are in our thoughts....we are sitting here saying "it is only a cat 1, what's the big deal" but apparently it is a big deal up there. :p:D;)

3. #3125 Budz23, Oct 30, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 3, 2012
    Hey Al, gonna dump some pics on ya. Not the best pics, didn't wanna pull them all out till feeding day. I'm pretty proud of how far I've come since the days of growing in an old dresser. And a lot of my success is because you've been with me from the start. So only fitting I unveil what will, staring in about a week, be my first harvest out of my first full size grow room. Thanks and enjoy!

image-348990976.png

Overall

image-2619290022.png

OG18

image-741606364.png

Star47

image-1416047487.png

White Widow

image-1794955633.png

Mkage

image-2431826493.png

Confidential Cheese

image-4275998760.png

Pineapple Chunk

image-3052783540.png

Blueberry Headband

4. Wow, that Utopia Haze is HUGE!! That looks like you may want to harvest her in 2 stages - if you have the Time/space for it.

5. You all good over their Al? Hopefully Sandy didn't get ya too hard.

6. Ditto.... :wave:

7. wow things are looking grand in there man keep it up I am thinking my plants are ready for 600 check the journal for pics and info

8. Well, my grow space got 4 feet of salt water the other day. Since then, we have been without electric. We have no heat or hot water. We do have a generator, but gasoline is tough to come by, so we have been running it only an hour or two a day.

My plants are still alive, but they are getting very little light and the temperature in the house is in the 50s and dropping,so that situation is precarious.

I will probably cut the SLH tomorrow.

Anyway, all souls are accounted for. We are taking it as it comes (mostly in the teeth, haha). My Internet access is very spotty right now, and that will likely continue for a while.

Cold showers in November are not very pleasant.!!

9. He lives! Sorry about the salt water. Glad you guys pulled through alright. Hope the damage isn't too bad.

10. O man sorry to hear about all of that man!! That really sucks... I am glad you are alright though - good luck my man.

11. Yeah, so glad you guys are OK. :hello: Four feet is a lot better than what I was expecting after looking at some pictures of areas right around you. Stay warm and remember this too shall pass and you get to deal with contractors again...pure joy. :p:D Happy harvest to take your mind off all the rest. ;):smoking:

12. hey guys I was wondering whats your experience for the general guideline of adding nutes in coco?

How much cal/mag aswell? I'll be using botanicare but if theres better nutes out there let me know.

13. Hey al hope you pull through be careful over there. I hear the scenario is very close to New Orleans

14. Good to hear your ok man. Stay warm and dry. Good luck with everything.

15. sorry to hear about the water glad to see you'll make it through okay

16. [quote name='"Promethean"']hey guys I was wondering whats your experience for the general guideline of adding nutes in coco?

How much cal/mag aswell? I'll be using botanicare but if theres better nutes out there let me know.[/quote]

Promethean, welcome to my grow journal.

When I initially hydrate the compressed coco, I prime it with 10 ml of Cal-Mag Plus.

I feed every watering. Every feeding includes 5 ml of Cal-Mag Plus. In theory, every feeding also includes 10 ml of the Botanicare CNS17 primary nute appropriate to the current stage of the plants growth; Grow, Bloom or Ripe. But in my experience, the plants want less than that. I grow sativas, and they have lighter appetites, normally. But in general, you have to adjust the feedings to the needs of the plant.

Thanks, everyone for all the well wishes. I am posting via the GC app on a phone, not my preferred method. But hey, it"s nice to be able to post some way.

17. I'm guessing that salt water bath wasn't of the epsom variety. bummer. no.... make that Bummer. Best of luck. If you're in need of emergency foster care and you're not afraid I might turn them into Sox fans... :ey:

18. shoulda done this long ago al ^^, I was reading the old messages and I was like "ah he invited me to his grow journal". For clones since they don't have the nutes unlike seedlings
    so I figure 1/4 strength?

Hope your not dodging too many bullet from the looting,(atleast thats what I hear). Stay dry, and safe.