Alatar Grows The Hobbit's Leaf

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by Alatar, Oct 9, 2010.

1. Yo Uncle A, I'm reading the Unfinished Tales and came across 'Alatar'. So you're one of the blue wizards eh? Turning blue from so much DP. :p

Take it ez

2. Thanks, Han. It's fun watching her get it on. Now if she'd only stop stretching. I just tied down a top that I had already supercropped.

One might argue... but then you know what almost anyone would argue.

It's gardening. While there's life there's hope for good smoke as the afterlife.

Haha. No surprise that I should be found out by you, with that avatar that I like so much.

That's my aim.

Hey, I ordered a straight travel tube from Soul Shine Family Glass. When it arrives, I'll post up some pics and maybe by then the forum gods will let me rep you for the suggestion. Though they have not let me rep Han in nigh on a year. I don't spread it around enough, apparently.

3. I see ya breaking some necks! ;) :D Looking awesome! :hello:

4. Hey there, Mrs. E! Good to see ya! Yeah, that Utopia Haze is keeping me on my toes. She's a beauty. If I can keep her under the light, she is going to do wonderful things. I repotted her yesterday. In a number 3 pot, She was bone dry after one day. :eek: So now she is in a somewhat larger pot. Who knows it's actual capacity. It's not like #3 pots actually hold 3 gallons of medium to begin with. Everything that has to do with gardening seems to be a little arcane, and most planters are not labelled with their volumes. The new container is something akin to a #5 pot, perhaps. Hopefully that is sufficient to keep her at feedings every other day. I can't manage daily feedings. My social calendar precludes it.

Look what arrived in the mail today:

[​IMG]

That's a straight travel tube from Soul Shine Family Glass, located in Boone, NC. The three glass pieces that comprise the bong were fashioned, blown, by Ray Verling. I corresponded with his wife, Allison. These people are a pleasure to deal with.

This is my first bong in many a year and my first glass bong ever. So far, I've only taken a couple of pulls on it, but my first impression is that it is pretty much perfect.

----

Attached Files:

5. Looks like the perfect size toker...

Just keep it super clean, and itll be a great piece for a long time !!

:hello::hello:

6. Wow! That's a pretty little bong! I'll have to get my own some day before too long.

Glad it worked out for ya Ace. Just heard their name in the past and bookmarked it. Toke it easy. ;)

7. Hey, Russy! Good advice. And the size is indeed perfect for me.

It's a sweet piece. Thanks very much for pointing me in the right direction, Ness.

8. Hey man sorry for being AWOL for the last few weeks - been busy as shit - those girls are looking good - loving the little knot of bud at the bottom there.

9. That plant came down today. It was amazing. Those buds literally went right down to the soil line. Now they are in the freezer, Tomorrow they will meet the bubble bags. :D

10. nice piece bro...you must be lovin that shower head...howmuch did it run you if you dont mind me askin

11. hey bro. Looks like SSFG has updated their travel tubes.

I got one too, but like 2 years ago.

I love the people at SSFG. Super easy to work with.

12. $60 tube
    $15 showerhead diffuser upgrade
    $25 disc diffused slide upgrade
    $10 shipping
    -------------------
    $110

What has changed? They still make a travel beaker.

They are good people, for sure.

13. Mine's a beaker style travel tube, so there's the first major difference.

Also the sandblasted label is a newer addition.

14. Wow, great to pop in here and see such nice buds(DP) and such nice glasswork, hows life treating the A-man?, nice here, just moved to the homestead and its GREAT, stop by the "old" and "dusty" thread and see the little shack. Keep up the great growing brother Alatar

15. They still make the beaker.

Ah. I'm not a fan of logos. If it's art then don't deface it. If it ain't art, then spare me the advertising unless I'm getting a commission on future sales. But a sandblasted logo is the least offensive. That was one of my requirements, given that no logo at all does not seem to be an option.

Hey there, Dusty! Good to see you and thanks.

Pretty good. No complaints here.

Hey, congratulations!

I will be by for sure.

Thanks, Dusty.

16. Logo's aren't so bad !!

:p

Especially when you buy some super high end glass ! !

(like the Sheldon Black logo for example , is super classy imo )

hehe :cool:

How about some pictures of the bong in use !? Or a video !

I bet your enjoying it !

:hello:

17. It's one of my idiosyncrasies. If Sheldon is producing finely crafted pieces worthy of our admiration, then a maker's mark on the underside of the base should suffice to let the world know who is responsible. Tiffany lamps don't have logos.

I am enjoying it. A lot. :D

My bong ripping ability is rather modest, however, and that may be charitable. I can manage a pinch of weed for a short pull, and that's it. But a pinch at a time is how I smoke weed when left to my own devices, so it suits me well. If I get adventurous, I may attempt something with the camera on my ipad, but if I do the result is likely to be underwhelming.

18. Hey bud!! Is that glass bong treating you well?

19. I'm sure it's getting him blizted off his ass! Lets see a video man!!

MILK SHOT!

20. You are speaking to someone who has yet to become an active participant in the video age. I just spent a few minutes trying to get a milk shot, without much success. And after three quick takes, I find that I'm starting to float away. I have discovered, though, in course of this so far failed effort, that I have a very small bong and a very big face.

It's treating me very well. Homer. I am really enjoying it. It is a delightful instrument.
    :bongin:

Hey, check it out, baby pot plants...

[​IMG]

Who wants to play "guess the strain?"

:bongin:

----

Attached Files: