Alaska's in and out grow

Discussion in 'Greenhouses' started by alaska, May 13, 2011.

1. Update
    Just pics of the ferts iv been using
    Simple, cheap and seems to work.

Attached Files:

2. Update
    More shots of the girls

Attached Files:

3. Update
    Both of the girls are now 60 days old. If I had to choose what plant will finish 1st, it's gotta be advanced seeds top 69. I think despite my meddling that top69 might just finish right on time. My 60 day wonder is looking thicker by far but it's got no dust.. No sugar.. Im hoping I wake up one morning and find the plant has just blasted off!
    Thanks for watching!

4. Update
    I took the am off from work, half day
    Took that time and used it to trim up the girls. They got quite a hair cut. I have lot and lots of leaves I removed. I think this will help me out in tue long run, they had so much mass in the middle. So much mass that the leaves in the middle had yellowed and dryed up. I got ride of all that mess. I think the girls can breath easy now. It's the home streatch, I must harvest before 25th. Prob will have to harvest them sooner then that sadly.

The advanced seeds top 69 is looking like a mighty little plant. Has a sweet sweet lemon smell, I love it. The 60 day wonder is actualy smaller then it's sister. She's starting to get her sugar tho, so I'm excited!

Attached Files:

5. The nature of the beast....They will pump up quite a bit 2 weeks before the harvest..;)
    Some unsulphered black strap mollases(carbs and sugar)added to your watering schedule may help some...

Your AK fert is good, but a cold processed fish fert like Neptune Harvest or, Dr Earth is preferred best over the AK fish emuksion.
    Adding some NH seaweed concentrate would be very good also.

Leaves will naturallly start yellowing while flowering...I would leave the fan leaves on the top 1/3 to 1/2 the branch and just move them out of the way and trim most of the foilage to 6" up from bottom of plant so more energy can be utilized used to develop bigger bud sites...
    The fan leaves will transfer nutrients as needed and is best to not over trim to much....

Doing fine Alaska and whatever yo do, you will have some good smoke...:smoke:

6. #126 alaska, Jul 16, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2016
    Thanks so much for sharing your knowledge man, thanks for the advise on the ferts, im still in the dark on how they work. I wanted something I felt would not hurt the girls to much ( and didn't cost me much, I still need to hit my local grow shop) because like most new growers I didn't want to over do it. I'm just excited I'm so close to the end and I might actually get to pull some bud that I grew.

7. Update
    On a sad but happy note, I may need to harvest the girls tomorrow so I have proper time to dry. The advanced seeds top 69 looks amazing, the 60 day wonder is looking great too. Also tomorrow is the fourth week since I moves the girls into the green house under a 24/7 light cycle. Maybe I'll do a day or two of darkness. Hummm

Attached Files:

8. Update
    Girls have been under 24/7 light for the last four weeks. I stopped the ferts on the 14th, Been watering with just reg well water.

I need to be done and cleaned up by the 26th. I want to make sure they are cut, trimmed, dried and Jared before the 26th. So from what I can figure, I will have to start today. Maybe I'll give the 60 day wonder an extra few days.. She just does not look quite ready. Shit I wish I could give them two more weeks just to see how they turn out. Or if they would even thicken up even more..

Well I knew this could happen going in so no regrets. I just hate to chop my baby's Down.

So next post may be before the cut and after the cut picks. Then some tasty bud shots before the dry.

9. Update
    Pulled the plug last night 6:20pm Alaska time, girls are gonna have 24 hours of darkness, then I'm gonna check on them. See what happens!

10. #130 alaska, Jul 20, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 20, 2011
    Update
    Info on the rogue seed! She's exploded out, and up. Seems like yesterday I put her into the box with the other girls. Now she's so big and started flowering! Shes gonna have a hard life now, she's gonna get a few days in green house, few nights inside and a few days outside, then she's gonna find a home in the woods for good. Live or die! It's up to the weather I guess... Im gonna try and build her something to keep her happy, prob a make shift tarp / green house cover. That can stay on all day and night, keep her warmer maybe.
    I thought I'd added my pics... Then I deleted them. So I'll post some later today when im able.

11. Update
    All-right, cut down the advanced seeds top 69.
    She's has an amazing pine/lemon smell. She was quite sticky, and a chore to trim, and I did a shitty job I think lol. I'm gonna pull more leaves off as it drys. Didn't want to disturb the bud to much.

Attached Files:

12. nice pics man, wish i had a camera

13. #133 alaska, Jul 21, 2011
    Thanks man! Was fun, can't wait tell I can give her a try soon as she is cured.

14. very nice mate
    :)

15. Update
    Williams 60 day wonder
    Last pics before cut, this was from last night. I turned my lights back on and seen she was looking like she's got more sugar :) left them on all night. This morning I cut the light again and plan to harvest her soon as I'm home from work. This is the day! Hope she can push some more crystals out before the cut. She is looking dense, might yield more then top69! Over all iv had a very great experience growing. Wish I could do it for the rest of my life :)

More updates to come on the girl that's drying, she is looking good to me, smells up the whole place.

Attached Files:

16. #136 alaska, Jul 22, 2011
    Man u sneak posts in and it never updates me lol!

17. Update
    Harvest pics of Williams 60 day wonder.
    Last pic is of unknown seed, it's an auto- either 60 day or top 69.'I'm gonna guess 60 day.

Attached Files:

18. man it looks bigger than my lowryder #2 :)just updated mine

19. Update
    No pics today :(
    1st batch has been drying in a box filled with paper now for two days. I let them hang dry for 2 1/2 days. I'll prob jar them tomorrow or tonight depends on how they are when I see them again. 2ed batch has been hanging all weekend, will hang until the other batch moves into a jar, then they get boxed.

Can't wait to see how much I ended up with. Still have resisted the urge to smoke any. Im about to run out of my last stash, so yea. Waiting sucks.

I still have one plant, I'm gonna have to get creative. Will have to move her into the woods. I'll prob build her a shelter, I def want her to survive. She is looking excellent, I lst the shit out of her, bent the main stem over almost 90 degrees. I tied down the rest of the stems to keep her nice and bushy. She never looks stressed, and she has seemed to love the lst actually.

20. Very nice Alaska. I'm surprised you haven't partaken in the after-harvest smoke! Anyways, good luck with that last plant, i'm lookin forward to seeing some of your experiments with LST