Alaska's in and out grow

Discussion in 'Greenhouses' started by alaska, May 13, 2011.

1. Update
    Rained last night again, and today more rain. Might be able to bring the girls home today.

2. Update
    All-right! Girls are back in the green house with lights on them. I have them in a make shift grow room tell they finish. My led and CFL mix. A big ol fan and wrapped the whole thing In a tarp, with areas for air flow to vent out. Just hope they only need four more weeks.
    Also watered a small amount with a low lvl fert mixture. Just a little to help roots.
    Will take some pics tomorrow morning if I wake up in time before work.

3. Update
    Pics of the girls in new home as promised.
    Kept 61 all night, much warmer then 45 like its been outside at night. so far I have 6 cfls and one led glow panel. Gonna added 6 more cfls tonight on other side. I'm kinda interested how the led light will help. I'm not expecting much but let's see.

I'm hopping to see some decent growth here in a few days. Hope the girls just explode.

Attached Files:

4. Also I got both my attitude orders same day, a pack of 10 reg Russian rocket fuel autos, a pack of five snowryders auto fem, and two x the June attitude primo + the free seeds from UFO! Got one more order coming in and I'll be set for seeds for a long time I hope.
    Ps the new attitude shirt with the American flag and the words highlife 420 is soo cool!

5. Update
    Pics!
    Girls are liking the change, seem to look healthier :)
    And a shot of my new stash
    Nice energetic high, my style

Attached Files:

6. Looking good....;) I never new anyone growing outdoors my entire 25 years in AK....Now I know why...LOL..

Nice stash...:smoke:

7. #87 alaska, Jun 22, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2016
    Man I know it can be done, I'm gonna give it a try next year. I think it's all about the weather, last few years it's been rain rain rain, I remember what I was younger how nice it used to be. Just need a summer with more sun!

8. Update
    Watered with ferts this morning, lost track of time and was all most late for work lol.
    Temps this morning in the box was a nice 65, and yesterday they stayed at 81 alll afternoon. The humidity is dry, I'm gonna start misting the leaves once a day I think. Depends on how they are looking in a few days. The air flow in the box is strong so they are def not over heating. I have a giant tower fan right in fount of the box blowing in :)

9. Update
    Pics
    Added four more cfls one hooked to a heat dish
    I turned all the girls so I could have pics from all angles
    I fond this side of the plants has more damage. Prob not getting as much light so not healing as quick. So maybe this will help.
    Also added a unknown auto to the grow, no pics yet.

Attached Files:

10. Growing In alaska can be done! I am currently growing 8 russian rocketfuels on the grow, CONGRATS on buying them~! ive grown them outdoors lets seee, about 6 years ago, the past couple of summer here in anchorage have been complete shit, this years lookin better, quite a bit of cloudy overcast rainy days. Today and yesterday have been upper 60s which have really helped out my plant. I have had my plants out for about 2 weeks, it took them about a week to start growing from the switch from indoors to outdoors, just a word of advice, put the plants out for 2 hours, then 4 hours, then 6 hours then 8 hours then 12 hours a day for at least 5 days straight (on 12) (plus the indoor lighting) to harden them off. My RRF have actully been goin great, i can smell one of them already even though i cant see any bud. to be honest, i cant smell the diesel its supposed to have but it still smells like stong. STRONG. pot hardcore skunky.

11. #91 alaska, Jun 24, 2011
    Thanks man! That's cool yours are growing good, I could of done more to protect them but this was a test. Next year in gonna do more to make it happen. Wrap them at night and build a quick cover to put over them at night too, or on rainy days. I'd love to see pics of the RRF, get an idea of what they will look like. Thanks for stoping in :)

12. Update
    Pic

Attached Files:

13. Looks good!
    Encouraged that others are giving the outdoors a go.
    I'm watching and learning for the day I step outside...
    an old trick I learned about greenhouses... if you have a bunch of water containers in the GH they grab all that warmth during the day and hold onto it long after the sun goes down (if at all!). Keeps things warmer longer.
    Thanks for this thread
    HV

14. #94 alaska, Jun 28, 2011
    Thanks man! Hope you can grow your own soon, it's just to much fun. I see why it's illegal. I have a 100gal water tank in my green house full of water, just to keep it warm at night. Also a 50 gal tank stacked on top of that. Seems to keep warm enough now. Plus I have the lights going in their.

15. Update
    Gonna head down to the home depot today or tomorrow to pick up more hanging light sockets. I have 8 CFLs plus a LED glow panel over them right now, but I doubt four to six more CFLs would hurt! Wanna have them hanging over all the bud sights.

Girls seem to be happy, they are under 24/7 light and have survived a full fert with out burning (even tho I doubt I could tell with all the damage from their outside experience.)

Here is some new pics! And to anyone who thinks I take to many pics, I love to watch the grass grow :3 never gets old to me

Also I did some LST on my fem top69 auto, she's been toped, she's been femmed, and LSTed. The 60dW has been toped but I never femmed her. She's had a little lst but not much. I wanted to see the difference in amount of bud produced.

Thanks for watching everyone, and if u have any tips or advise or criticism, I can take it all. I'm a total noob and this is my test grow, I may read your tips or advise but I might not use it right away. But it forever will be remembered for my next grow. Etc etc

Attached Files:

16. Update
    Bought three new light-sockets with clamps, easy to set up and use. Also got splitters so they each held two lights. Added six new lights to the grow. As u can see from the pics it's hard to get a good shot. But their should be plenty of light now, And it will be simple to adjust the lights as the plant grows.

Attached Files:

17. Hey man just lookin around and seen alaska so i had to stop by... Just wanting to let u know about a website for whenever u decide to start upgrading and such down the road indoorgrowsource.com he makes the extra effort to hook us alaskans up on shipping he even ate a shipping charge for me once to keep it cheaper for me.. Just wanted to help u out a little u kbow how shipping shit up here gets pricey lol... Lookin Good man i have 8 onyx fixin to go outside there late but if all else fails i can bring em back to my indoor set up. Take it easy man

18. #98 alaska, Jun 29, 2011
    Thanks for the advise man, iv been thinking about a bigger set up. Just need the space... Do time. I'm gonna wait tell next year to start my new outdoor try. What LEDs are u running In your set up, they look similar to mine. Them widows of yours are looking nice.

19. Im using a 600 hps I love this thing probably the best investment ive made lol i started with cfls and got 2 zippers from one plant and just been movin up from there im pretty much topped out on what i want as long as i can get like 8 ozs a month thats about all i can smoke lol

20. My latest jar of green :) and some close ups. It's super super sticky.

Attached Files: