Alaska's in and out grow

Discussion in 'Greenhouses' started by alaska, May 13, 2011.

1. #201 alaska, Sep 1, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2016
    Wow loads of advise!! Thanks so much I love input.
    I try and keep the lights as close as possible, I do need reflectors And I def like the white board ideas, that's so simple and will make a noticeable difference.
    I just read your post after I posted my pics lol! I pull the lights back when I take pictures so don't worry on that lol!

I dont have a real space for my plant yet, every place I move her too is make shift because I have to move her when my house mate comes back from the slope. Hes gotta stay smoke free for work so I keep it out of his site. Just a way of keeping peace and order yea know.

Now I have that led light over the top of my girl, that makes it a little more difficult to hang lights but I manage. When I get a chance I'll show my complete set up so u can see how make shift it is.

Whew all I can think of to say ATM! More when I think of it

2. very nice nutin wrong with make shift, evreything looks great

how much you think youll get of that girl?:smoke::smoke:

3. #203 alaska, Sep 1, 2011
    Humm.. I hope to pull an ounce, I managed that with my last plant. And my last plant was pulled way to early, I stunted her growth. I toped her (an auto bad idea). She got way to cold, and did I mention I pulled her early lol.. I also stressed them out by using a fan on them 24/7. That's my guess at least. I was a noob my 1st grow, I'm still a noob but I have two plants under my belt and this will be third. Trial and err, plus I talked to a experienced grower I know personally and he told me I didn't even give the bud time to develop... So yea.. I hope for a ounce but will be happy with what I do get.

Oh did I mention, even tho I pulled my last two girls early.. I still get a great high off them. I mixes them in a grinder I have (advances seeds top 69 and Williams 60 day wonder) for what both lack the other makes up for it. So I get high for about two hours, one is body other is head. I roll them into a fat joint and wonder around outside :)

4. nice those are great strais, ive grown 4-5 of the 60 day wonder reallly nice plant

so when you say you pulled early how early did you pull? and also by having a fan on them 24/7 will NOT stress them out... ive grown about 20 or so aut
    os outside mostly diffrent strains and its pretttty windy where i live and it just makes there stalks thick as fuck, topping defs was not a good idea cuz ot needs time to recover, but no biggie

how far along in flower are you right now?

5. #205 alaska, Sep 1, 2011
    7/20 according to my journal is when this girl started flowering. (but i think it prob started a week before that)So she is sitting at 6-7weeks into flowering.

And when I said I pulled my other girls to early, I pulled them at only 64 days old from sprout. But again I had guests for a few weeks, and making my girls go bye bye was a must sadly. I should of just put them out side. But their daily temps ranged from 85-100 (In Green house/ grow box), and if I put them outside they would of ranged from 50-70 plus rain.. So much rain this year.. I was scared that such a sharp drop In temps would hurt them. U can see the harvest pics around page 8 or 9. How small they look to me now, just makes me sick thinking about what they could of become. But oh well!

6. nice and clean.......that will trim like a breeze

7. #207 alaska, Sep 2, 2011
    She will, I didn't let the leaves fall off. But they turned yellow and basically fell off, except I just pulled them a little and they popes right off :) didn't want any to start molding n such.

Can wait to harvest!

8. Update
    I was looking at my girl this morning, and some of the top bud leaves have completely turned white! I'm so excited, so much freaking dust on this girl!! Wooootttt

9. Update
    Harvested this morning! Left the lower popcorns to keep growing, the upper bud was getting real dry. So I figured I didn't want to lose any. So why not harvest! I'll take some pics in due time.

10. Update
    Okay a little explanation,
    I pulled my bud on Saturday because I was getting worried. I seen the upper bud leaves getting dryer and dryer.. Then the leaves started to crisp up. It had been a week since iv seen any change in the size of the growing bud. So I chose to cut and dry. I didn't want to lose anything, I left the lower popcorn bud. Now flash to today, the popcorn bud is just as dry if nit dryer then the bud drying.. So yea.. I think my auto has reached the end of it's life. I'll see about some pics of the drying bud soon :)

On a happy note, the bud looks like it's covered in Diamonds and sugar! so excited to smoke it when it's done

11. Update
    Just pics
    They r dry, I think. But gonna give a day or two more

Attached Files:

12. Update
    Pics

Attached Files:

13. Update
    Bonged some last night. Excellent body high. Gets into your head, def a good smoke :)

14. Update
    Dry! Bottle time!
    Looks fine to me. I'm rather happy with the over all pull. Don't have a scale anymore so gotta just guess..
    It's dense, nice and fat for an auto, at least to me! Gets me stoned off my butt. Cant complain :) prob grow her again she will def get worked in.

Attached Files:

15. Update
    Girl is still curing, it's so hard to not smoke her. So far she exceeds my expiation's. She's got a nice aroma when I bust the bottle open. I hope she gets a stringer smell, but over all she rocks!
    More on her after curing is finished! Peace

16. Lookin Fantastic Alaska!

17. [quote name='"marcuseiselman"']Lookin Fantastic Alaska![/quote]

Thanks man! Been a blast growing.

18. Alaska Huh! ...Now thats a challenge, long night cycles and longer day cycles come summer would drive any plant nuts, I would use a closet/grow room in a workshop in something, but still, special places with special plants need special gear....I'll be watching this ....cool!!
    peace

"V"

19. Update
    Well my girl is all cured. She is a decent smoke, not the best but I'm content. I'm finding (from my experience) that autos just don't have the amazing smell of regular strains. She has this smell much like a strong tea. With a slight stink. Not bad smell just different. Advanced seeds is def a body buzz. If u smoke a few bowls it will creep into your head. Not quite a couch lock, but it comes close.

Also I was over watering, after I pulled and hung the girl I took the pot outside with the dirt and stock and shook it out.. Well it def had some root rot.. It smelled bad and was water logged. I'm guessing root rot must keep the plant form taking on more water. Prob the reason my girl was drying out so badly. Oh well! J learned my lesson for next year. I'll try and get some more bud shots now that I'm smoking it.
    Cheers