alaska

Discussion in 'General' started by tvoss, Oct 15, 2010.

1. hey everyone, i found out that alaska has decriminalized cannabis. i know that alaska is a very beautiful place and im thinking of moving there in the future. ive heard it is very easy to live their, but ive also heard it is very hard to live there. so my question is, how is it living in alaska? would i be able to get a job there and live in a smallish house and still have money to spend?

2. It's cold, other than that I have no idea. Good luck though! :smoking:

3. there are cities in alaska...its not just a huge tundra lol. You can live there...pretty normally from what i would assume...my friend lived there said the only difference is weather/light schedule, but he was in the middle of anchorage

4. yea i love all of that stuff, but the only thing im worried about is money. does anyone know how the cost of living there is?

5. i would guess its really expensive to live there like hawaii cause of its location. they have a show about the people who have to truck shit there i mean come on.

6. if you move there either become a fisherman like everyone else or live off the land, as long as you're not a felon you can go into a gunstore and buy a gun at anytime, but the wilderness up there is pretty dangerous a lotta bears to look out for

7. i want to move to alaska too

i know that they pay you to live their after your first full year not sure how much but its like a tax rebate

dont know much else but ya alaska would be a great place to live especialy if you like the cold

8. There are 9 guns for every person, in some regions alcohol is illegal. I don't know too much.

I plan on moving there is less than three years. They have 1,000,000$ sign on bonuses for 2 and 4 year contracts in pharmacy!

9. Gangs are pretty rampant, and they allow snitching cause they are bitches.
    Lots of gun violence but if your just the average joe or betty then you should go through life without a problem. Yes, it is beautiful. Yes, the drugs can be VERY expensive. YES, you get paid money to live there. NO, I wouldnt choose to move there personally even though I love cold ass weather.:p

10. #10 tvoss, Oct 15, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 15, 2010
    so ive been doing some research and reading all your responses, im thinking that kenai looks like a great little town. do they have cannabis dispensaries there? also, will i be able to see the northern lights in kenai?

11. I might be a dumb-ass but I think dispensary's are only in Cali and a few places in the US not Alaska. I know you can grow a few plants there though for personal use.

12. yes, you can have up to 25 plants, any more and its illegal. and you can have an ounce as long as you are 500 feet from a school (im pretty sure thats it). and yes i was thinking id buy some seeds and start growing when im there. i want to build a fully isolated green house and grow other things too. and i want to have some to smoke while im waiting for the plants to grow.

13. if you are planning on growing outside remember depending on the location Alaska has roughly six months of light and six months of darkness.

Alaska light cycles are weird

14. ...I heard you can see Russia from your living room windows in Alaska..(or so claims Sarah Palin...):D

15. I personally wouldnt move to alaska just because weed is decriminalized.
    Its cold there, like really cold. Do you realize how north alaska is?
    It looks like a gorgeous place to visit, but too cold and too much nothingness for me.
    [​IMG]

On another note, Canada should own Alaska.