Alaska 5-1-1 Gal. Fish Fertilizer

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by calisfinest760, Jul 16, 2013.

1. #1 calisfinest760, Jul 16, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 16, 2013
    Can I use this alaskan 5-1-1 Gal. Fish Fertilizer? What will it do with my plants? Its outdoor

2. Yes. And it will feed them...

Sent from my LGL55C using Grasscity Forum mobile app

3. Great stuff. Plants love it.

4. So do animals ! They may dig them up looking for the fish smell.

5. Used it, works well, don't over do it, true dogs love that shit especially

6. That's what I use and the plants are growing so fast it's a race to keep them from falling over

7. its $7.98 at lowes... you will love it.. my plants were already weened using a transplant fert, and switched to AFF 5-1-1 at full strength... really seeing results.. if you water with 4 gallons, only mix 2 gallons worth of fert at full strength and then use the plain water to "water in" the nutes.. do this once a week amongst your watering regime. hard to burn leaves with this stuff.. wear latex gloves and do not spill it anywhere you dont want to be rank.. shake well before each use...

8. If you haven't bought it yet then don't buy it.

The Alaska fish product is a fish emulsion. Heat is used to break down the fish scraps into a liquid. In this process much of the biological life is killed because of the heat. You are still left with the elemental nutrients but the good bacteria has been killed off.

You want a fish hydrolysate. This process is different than the emulsion process in that it does not use heat to break down the fish; instead, the hydrolysate process utilizes enzymes to break down the fish. By using enzymes vs heat the good bacteria is saved making for a much more effective product. By using a hydrolysate vs an emulsion you not only get the elemental nutrients but you also get good bacteria which will assist in nutrient cycling other organic matter in your soil.

An example of a fish hydrysate would be the Neptunes Harvest brand. Look at the bottle/jug and read it before you buy -

My .02c.

J

9. That's very good to know. Thanks Jerry.