Alabama up next for legalization

Discussion in 'Marijuana News' started by OUCH OUCH OUCH, Oct 30, 2012.

1. Yeeeeeah. Alabama southern pride, and we have TONS to be proud of:

One of the highest unemployment rates in the country.
    In the bottom 10 for education.
    Homelessness, everywhere you turn.
    Interracial marriages? Illegal. (Even relationships illegal in some counties).
    Lottery? Hell no, that's the devil's work.
    Alcohol? We still observe dry counties, or no purchase on Sunday.

Aaaaallllllllllabaaaaama.
    This state is so slow to the plate, maybe we'll see some form of legalization in the next 200 years, after we get wi-fi.

But hey, I can tell you where to score some meth or crack, and if you need an illegal firearm look no further.

2. I don't think it will happen, they legalized interarcial marriage in 1998, they seem to be progressing a tad bit slower than the rest of us, on another note my friend went to his uncles farm in Alabama and he found a weed plant

3. There's a few counties where it's still illegal, believe it or not.

4. [quote name='"Storm Crow"']' So let's all give a good rebel yell:yay: and then get busy educating the folks! There is no way this is not going to make the local news! Get on line and start commenting! And don't just make one comment, come back and educate some more! Folks read those comments! :D

You have to convince them that cannabis IS medicine and not "the devil's weed with roots in hell"! Tell them that the Yankees are still lying to them! lol Show them articles like little gems!

Marijuana May Slow Alzheimer's (Compares Aricept & THC!) (news - 2006)
    Marijuana May Slow Alzheimer's

Marijuana compound could stop aggressive cancer metastasis (Mind-blowing!) (news - 2012)
    Marijuana compound could stop aggressive cancer metastasis - Yahoo! News India

One in 8 with fibromyalgia uses cannabis as medicine (Why would 1 in 8 women break the law to use pot?) (news – 2012)
    One in 8 with fibromyalgia uses cannabis as medicine | Reuters

WebMD has good name recognition and a good reputation, but has put out several favorable articles!

Marijuana Chemical Fights Hardened Arteries
    Marijuana Chemical Fights Hardened Arteries

Chemicals in Marijuana May Fight MRSA
    Marijuana Ingredients May Fight MRSA

Marijuana's Active Ingredient Targets Deadly Brain Cancer
    Marijuana's Active Ingredient Targets Deadly Brain Cancer

Marijuana May Fight Lung Tumors
    Marijuana May Fight Lung Tumors

Marijuana Ingredients Slow Invasion by Cervical and Lung Cancer Cells Pot Slows Cancer in Test Tube

Marijuana Ingredient May Cut Fibromyalgia Pain
    Marijuana Ingredient May Cut Fibromyalgia Pain

Cannabis Relieves Multiple Sclerosis Pain (news - 2004)
    Cannabis Relieves Multiple Sclerosis Pain

Pot Chemical May Curb Inflammation (news – 2007)
    Pot Chemical May Curb Inflammation

Teen Pot Smoking Won't Lead to Other Drugs as Adults (news - 2010)
    Teen Pot Smoking Won't Lead to Other Drugs as Adults

Heavy Marijuana Use Doesn't Damage Brain (news – 2003)
    Heavy Marijuana Use Doesn't Damage Brain

Marijuana Smoking Doesn't Kill
    Marijuana Smoking Doesn't Kill

Leave them at places like laundromats, student lounges, on a bench at the mall, wherever bored people gather! :D

Go to my List (1st link in my sig, or send me an email- bottom of my sig) and grab a few abstracts for your doctor! Post office doesn't care if there is a return address or not! :rolleyes:

Unless YOU act, Alabama will remain in the "Dark Ages"! You have to educate folks or they will vote NO!

Granny :wave:[/quote]

Thank you for actually getting it and having the resources backed up to prove the point. You don't see / hear that in discussions much anymore. Most are still in the "bandwagon" stage. :smoking:

5. Slideshow Landing Page - WSFA.com: News Weather and Sports for Montgomery, AL.
    Sparse turnout it seems, and in my opinion a rather slanted bias by this accompanying article/ Rally, hearing held at Ala. Statehouse over legalizing med. mari - WSFA.com: News Weather and Sports for Montgomery, AL. the positives are only unsubstantiated claims by users, while the negatives a given more implied weight by the gravity of their proponents. Preposterous statements like "tested positive for marijuana" are treated as gospel by those already predisposed to believe in it's inherent evil.
    As I mentioned, I've lived here lifelong and it's my feeling that this will not soon pass by the standing members of the political scene. Their target audience is a Bible thumping horde of gun toting nascar fans drunkenly screaming "Roll Tide" or "War Eagle" who consider tossing a mullet an Olympic sport.

6. You guys can't be serious about Alabama legalizing anything dealing with weed. Even if the feds legalized it, Alabama would still ban it.

7. This.

8. #28 friedfever, Nov 18, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 18, 2012
    You can go all over the south and still find lots of dry counties. And if they won't legalize alcohol, what chance does MJ have? Baptists rule supreme in that neck of the woods. We, as in the pro-legalization population, need to just focus on the states that are more progressive in their views towards MJ and just ignore the others. They will eventually die a natural death.

9. #29 runthistown18, Nov 19, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 19, 2012
    Not happening, Don't even look forward to it.
    It's the deep south.
    Too many old white people.

Now Detroit or Chicago would pass %100..even though their not states.

10. Legalization in Alabama?

The same state that loved Jim Crow laws?

The same state that has a statue of a KKK leader?

The same state that had a candidate that ran on a base of "if I'm elected governor, all other languages go bye bye?"

I'm sorry, but to be honest I feel like I'll be worm shit by the time the South EVER yields to anything that's foreign to the South without federal intervention.

11. That was actually destroyed by vandals and the state won't replace it.

12. The only way I see it being legal is from pressure from the outside. And then they would accept only grudgingly. Hell, Jesus turned water into wine yet they have issues with a bottle of Thunderbird.

13. The likelyhood of this happening can be compared to finding a polite saying or scholarly article on 4chan.

14. Nah, you're about spot on. I live on the border of Georgia and South Carolina and I don't see either state getting it in the near future.

15. The south IS the Bible Belt.

16. [quote name='"Ala"']I honestly see a better chance for Tennessee[/quote]

Man I would be very happy if that happens! it's already been shot down once before so I do not think this state is ready yet.

17. Colorado got shot down 3 times, and look at them now. Not to mention how many states said no before going medical

18. And you weren't fighting Jesus in those states. In their eyes, the devil made weed and if you smoke it then you're in league with the devil.

19. Here in the dirty south they use Jesus like a weapon; no matter what the argument is they whip him out like a trump card with an unwavering conviction that they know his will. In reality, I feel that the politicians aren't as much the zealots that the voters are, but they quickly defer to a vocal minority. Where faith is the ultimate answer in their logic, rationale and science can never prevail.

20. ^^ Damn that sounds sad, wish more intuitive people existed down there and realize Hey, let's think for ourselves instead of thinking for other people.