Al Queda is SOL

Discussion in 'Politics' started by IGOTJOINTS4YA, Nov 16, 2008.

1. http://www.guardian.co.uk/commentisfree/2008/nov/09/alqaida-terrorism

Al-Qaida members getting cognitive dissonance about how they can still justify their hostility at the US, now that the new president wasn't born either rich or white. Not saying Obama was the best pick for president, but it does get back at the terrorist either way.

good article, recommend full read.

2. Ha, holy fucking shit! Never would think the sole act of electing barack Obama to president would bare this kind of consiquence. awesome fucking shit.

3. Damn...never even thought about this and I don't recall the media discussing it either. It's true though, it should be interesting to see how terrorist groups will try and spin it.

4. Not to be a dickhole but this also could be why Hezzbalah endorsed Obama also.

5. Of course it's going to improve our image. That was the whole point behind this election. It was symbolic.

Too bad it won't bring any real change.

6. Yes, Obama certainly brings a temporarily new image to New Rome.

But since they attack us because of our foreign policy, not because of the freedoms and prosperity we enjoy, they will have plenty of fodder under Obama.

7. Well the fact that hebellah endorsed obama does point that terrorism is not only caused because of our foreign policy.

8. Isn't the endorsement based on hope that Obama is going to change our foreign policy?

9. #9 IGOTJOINTS4YA, Nov 16, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 16, 2008

No because like they said in this article, he isn't rich white dude.

10. i think "the terrorists" are much more concerned about Obama's foreign policy in the Middle East than whether or not he's a rich white dude.

11. I'm not saying it doesn't have anything to do, but it does have to be taken into account.

12. I thought those were the author's words?

There are mixed sentiments, and no endorsements because he's black.

13. Obama said himself "those looking to bring this world down we will defeat you". So the Taliban is going to get confused and shoot themselves because he has a middle name Hussien and he isnt white? We'll see how they react after Obama sends his first raid into Pakistan to kill some of those fuckers.

14. No, he was hyped up as the peace candidate - all though he doesn't support non-interventionism, and is planning on leaving an embassy in Iraq bigger then the Vatican.

15. That embassy will be bigger than most really small countries.

16. Hey Joints,

Please take that giant fucking link out of your sig?

j/k, but seriously, I've given that youtube vid atleast a 100 accidental views already...

17. That is the point, trying to get the voice heard, but yeah, I will reduce the size tommarrow, and take it down tonite.