Al Franken!

Discussion in 'Politics' started by JerseyPiff, Jan 6, 2009.

1. Finally. After a drawn out recount process, Al Franken claimed Minnesotta's senate seat. This is really exciting, he's a fucking genius. :hello:

2. Al Franken a genius? Are you fucking serious? I could really careless about who the senator from Minnesota is and for all i know the other guy is also a fuckin moron. Al Franken is a humorless idiot.

3. pfffffffttttt..... whatever

He was good enough. Smart enough. And gosh-darnit, people LIKED HIM! :hello:

4. I will be very suprised if he does anything useful in the Senate,, he seems like a complete nimrod.
    THen again Norm Coleman wasnt that good of a Senator/candidate either.

5. #5 Dr.Dankmen, Jan 7, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 7, 2009
    fisrt off why do you post something sayin you could care less about the guy, he stil is like any other senator, yet he has no time in office to be "corrupted", he was a writer for a good tv show, saturday night live, its not really you who decides he is humorless. he did write a comedy show, maybe he quit or got fired but stll his more humorful then you. and regardless that he wrote comedy doesnt make him an idiot who cant be a senator, this guy has more truthful insight on shit then any senator we have. fuckin new point in history, as far as the people we elect, we now have a broader choice come next elections, at least slightly. stoned budda came here acting as if this was fuckin some one sayin britney spears twisted her ankle or something, i mean why is the other guy he ran against bein a moron relavent? i really dont give much of a shit but whats with the fuckin shooting down of the thread man? fuck if i know though, he might suck but there is nothing pointing to him sucking, only the opposite.

6. If you've ever read any of his books, he's actually a really smart dude. I don't really want to get into it, but pick up Lies and the Lying Liars Who Tell Them to see what I mean. He manages to be really funny while still writing a relevant book. Conservatives hate him because he's not afraid to mock them, and he does it pretty well.

7. [​IMG]

Al Franken has dawg!!!!

Al Franken smirks at the comments in this thread!!!!!

8. I love Al Franken! I just think it's hilarious that Stuart Smalley is senator!

9. #9 stoned budda, Jan 8, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 8, 2009
    I have a instinctual wariness and loathing of any entertainer who enters politics. Stuart Smallie was the only remotely funny thing he has ever done. The years he was a writer on SNL were the most insipid shows ever produced, and lets not gloss over his success on Air America, i mean bravo! My opinion stems from my dislike.

10. I met him at a live show he did in asheville NC. He made a fool of the Mayer and some other political figures. it was funny as hell seeing those hillbillies squirming when he questioned them.

11. Its not hard to let a fool prove hes a fool. He was not funny, the stupidity of the politicians is what was funny.

12. I want to see Gary Busey run as a Senator in California.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rAmUp4BTfqQ"]YouTube - The Great Gary Busey -in his Prime, 1990[/ame]

13. I never listened to his Air America show and I never watched his SNL writing. I'm going strictly based on his books. You probably haven't read them, though, and that's understandable with your obvious dislike for him.
    That's Senator Franken, now.

14. I love Al Franken.

I also, have only read his books, but I like the dude.

I think he'll be a good senator.

15. #15 maxrule, Jan 10, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 10, 2009

Al Franken is just another butt sucking liberal democrat, another waddle on the old turkey farm. :p

He, along with his cohorts totally stole that election and everyone knew it was going to happen.

Nobody ever makes up 800 votes in a recount, nobody but a democrat that is. :rolleyes:

16. i'm a fellow mn resident and am embarrased at how dumb this state can be... first jesse, now a man who said himself in his book that it would be a travesty if he were elected to public office. he wrote a book dirty liars and the lieing liars who tell them. he is a very sour man and he swore all over his book. we do not need people who feel so angry towards others leading us. and if you think snl is a good show you have the sense of humor of a 5 yr old, it is the stupidest comedy ever.

17. His book is pretty damn positive. The profanity is all for comic inflection, seeing as how he is a comedian. Try cleaning up Pryor or Carlin and I guarantee they won't be as funny. He also graduated cum laude from Harvard. Don't worry about Franken, knowing him he's going to try to emulate Paul Wellstone and there's nothing wrong with that.

18. You are right. That guy is more foul mouthed and jaded than ME. :eek:

I bet very few of the people who voted for Franken really have any idea what he is all about. Have you ever heard the 'man on the' street interviews that Beck and Hannity do? :rolleyes:

Not to mention he FUCKING LOST but CHEATED.

[​IMG]

19. Oh you mean he's going down in a plane also? Maybe there is hope after all.:)

20. I forgot how much some people hate Franken. Chill out guys. He's not that bad no matter how much you disagree with him.