AK48 and White Rhino...3 weeks and slow bud growth

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by sk0921, Jan 11, 2010.

1. heres the situation

5 plants veged for 4 weeks in an aeroponic setup. 1000 watt hps, setup is in my attic, temps have been colder than usual. My question is its been 3 weeks of 12/12 and im just now seeing buds start to grow...small white pistils. Is this normal or should my plants be further advance at this point. these are 8-10 wk strains.

2. How cold are temps? Anywhere below 70F will slow growth, though I'm not sure how much. Also, it does take time. How long did you veg them? Clones or seeds?

3. Give it some time, im sure she'll explode one day

4. i thought the temps should stay above 60... and below 50 they start to frost and die.

my plants are 13 days into flower and i thought mine were going kind of slow, but the pistils are getting bigger. my lowest temp was 53 but stays around 57 with lights off

i would just try to keep your nighttime temps up

5. plants only frost around 32 degrees F nothing to far above or below 50 just kills them as its to cold it doesn't frost them though

Ur only 3 weeks into 12/12 but when did u get ur first sign of sex that is really when flowering starts not when u switch the lights. but growth will take off towards the end and slowly build up in the beginning

6. thanks for the responses...all but 1 have pistils showing. temps at night are probably in the 50's I have a space heater up there now and an aquarium heater in the water tank. any other input is welcomed

7. alright ya i guess thats what the guy at the hydro store said. i hope thats why my plants are going slow right now

8. i have the same problem with one of my white skunks!! i have 2 under a 600 watt hps and a 400 watt mh plant one is 2.5 foot and is coverd in thick pistals and plant 2 is 3 foot and is only starting to take off. im 2 weeks and 5 days into flower, i think it maybie a white strain thing!! who knows but they usualy take off in the 3rd week so just be patinet m8, and my temps as 58.f with the lights off and they dont seem to mind it!!!

9. heres a lil inspiration........ my ak @ 42 days

Attached Files:

10. Thanks again for all the positive vibes and pics. Im gonna be patient and hope I get some kick ass weed