AK47 x Lowryder 2 - First time grow

Discussion in 'Marijuana Grow Journals' started by Byrgesen87, Oct 23, 2008.

1. Looking good man.

Another tip I recommend is for you to shut off the lights for the last three days before harvest. Years ago a grower told me about doing that and I've been doing it ever since. The theory is that the plant will sense death is coiming quickly and it puts out it's last reserves of energy towards the buds in a vain attempt to grab some pollen.

Could you post a pic of the entire unit with the plants in it. I am curious to see how much of the phototron they filled out. Are any of them touching the lights? I checked mine and it seems that those floros run very hot. Hot enough to burn plant material I would think.

2. It can burn the plant, if it touches the floros.
    Ive burned a couple of leaves that way but im getting a hang of it now hehe.

Its filling out all across the unit but its not filling it out upwards.
    I might have to harvest earlyier because i really need this for new years eve :/
    I'll have to figure out a way to keep the next plant away from the lights.

3. Why not just take a branch off and let the rest finish?

I think I remember reading in the literature that came with the unit that they wanted you to let the plant reach the top before flowering. Then they had a very specific routine of pruning that they wanted you to follow.

4. Yeh i know but im growing lowryder/lowlife.
    So i cant let it grow to the top before flowering hehe.
    Besides i find the manual complicated and stessing to follow. Just trying out stuff along the way and improving by learning insted.

5. Ok guys.

Ive Harvestet it. It looked really nice and smelled amazing.
    Its reached day 75, but i could tell it could ahve used a couple of weeks more.
    I just need this dryied up to new years eve :)

14 Days and i will upload pics of the sholw amount and nice closeups :)
    But its looking like its a really nice smoke :)

6. Good point. I had forgotten the strain you were growing.

Yeah the manual was a bit hard to follow.

Congrats and can't wait to see the pics.

7. you are my hero and have sold me on growing that strain myself.

QUESTION: If i have a 400W HPS, how many of these plants can I grow at once?

8. That looks great man! What do you estimate your yeild to be?

9. Its just a guess at this point, but i would think somewhere around 40-50 grams, maybe abut smaller :)

10. Dude....

thats amazing, keep up the good work

How was the yield?

Miracle

11. The yeild was pretty good.
    Got 40g out of it and its a coughlocker hehe. im getting so very stoned by this bud.
    I wasnt exspecting so potent a bud from a lowryder mix. I can deff recomend it guys :D

12. Thanks Bro,

Now I know what to grow in my stealth!!!

+ rep for a beautiful stank bud

Miracle:smoking:

13. how bout some bud shots? +rep

14. i'll post some bud shots as soon as i get a proper cam for close ups guys :)

15. Hey Byrgesen, the grow looks good! Can't wait to see the bud shots!

16. Beautiful girl ya got there.. Post some more pics please! I am reallyy anxous to see how much weight you get.

17. The AK was really good, at least the part of it i managed to save.
    Made the terrible mistake of drying it in a room that was to cool, startet getting mold all over :/ so im kinda pissed at my self, and i dont like letting you guys down, since you were waiting for shots and comments og it :/

Ive startet a new one, will get the new journal up and working soon.
    Post a link for it..... sucks guys.

18. Dammmmnnnnnn sorry about the mold bro...

Well anyways you know it was good bud lol

Dont worry the weed god will reward you with better bud next time :p

Miracle
    :smoke: