AK47 x Lowryder 2 - First time grow

Discussion in 'Marijuana Grow Journals' started by Byrgesen87, Oct 23, 2008.

1. I'll try and go crazy with the mylar today, will post pics when im done hehe.
    its time to update the plant anyway :)

A couple of hours guys :)

2. #102 Byrgesen87, Nov 30, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 30, 2008
    Day 59, 36 days of flowering :D

Looking really good so far guys, im actually pretty impressed with the lowryder :)

Hight = 29,5 cm - 11,6 inch

Doesnt grow that much up anymore, its more filling out now :)
    Sorry about the blurry quality guys, i only have a nokia E65 :/

Ive covered every single thing inside the phototron in mylar, to reflect the light even better, even behind the light tubes
    I used adhesive gum to get the mylar to stick, worked just fine and can easily be removed :)
    The light is actually so sharp it hurts my eyes to look at for longer periods now :)

What do you think??

Attached Files:

3. #103 Gizmoe, Nov 30, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 30, 2008
    Nice man.....she really is producing nicely and from the looks you should get a much better than breeder average yield....good job ....You mentioned in my grow that you might run the Diesel Ryder.... it is fun to grow....very forgiving and smells heavenly ...so yes id run it if i were you....it also will need an after veg pruning to allow light to flower sites.... just like you did with this one....ill be tuned in for harvest

4. alright i will mate hehe. thanks for the words. be carefull with the pruning, i did a bit to much at a point, and i know i could have had more bud on this plant then i have now.
    Dont prune theese autoflower/shortlife plants to much.

Yeh i might try the diesel ryder :) ive got AK47auto x Hinde Kush Auto and the diesel ryder and ofc the AK47 Auto im growing now :D
    Gotta pick a new one soon. Cant deside.

5. looking good bro , keep it up :wave:

6. im always confused on where to prune, i know people say near the nodes but im not sure exactly what that is, or where it is and how many r there? does anybody have a clear pic. or diagram that might help. thanks

7. Looking absolutely beautiful. I am thinking about starting my own grow with one of those PC stealth boxes, it's measurements are 24" H x 8" W x 17" L.
    I want to try growing a blueberry lowryder auto that I saw advertised. You got your seeds from seed doctor? You know if you have too much I'll swing by and take some off your hands:smoke:

Nu håber jeg virkelig du kommer til at nyde det, din heldige skid. :D

8. Day 65 - 42 days of flowering :)

The smell is really coming now, ive never smelled anything like it. Dryied buds doesnt smell like this hehe. its amazing :)

Hight: 31 cm - 12 inch

It doesnt grow that tall but it has surely grow wide, havent thought that such a fast finishing plant could grow so wide :)

5-10 days to go guys :) at least thats what joint doctor says hehe.

Ive germinated an AK47 auto x Hindu Kush Auto Lowlife at 4 days :)

Here tha pics :)

Attached Files:

9. What stage are your trichs in for the most part ( clear, cloudy or amber ).....time is only an estimate under idea conditions and actual finish should be determined by trich coloration not time.....but she is looking really nice.....get a 30x magnifier and check your trich colors....good luck

10. i woudlsay about 10% of the pistils have turned brown at this point :)

11. I don't think that the width of your plants has much to do with their genetics as much as it has to do with the side lighting. They are growing towards the light which, in this case, is on the sides.

Going by pistil coloration is not nearly as accurate as looking at the trichomes. Finding the right time to harvest can be one of the most challenging parts of growing. It is also up to the tastes of the individual grower. Harvesting at different periods can greatly affect the high of the final product.

Plants look good so far. Could you show a pic completely from the side so I could get an idea of bud density? With floros I have found that the buds generally are more 'airy' then those under HID's. I was interested to see how the phototron compares.

12. I know that the buds is more airy then if i used a HID/CLF/HPS, but i think its going pretty well :)

I will get some pics closer to harvest with a really good camera, get some nice close ups and such.
    i only have my phone atm and its not the best hehe.

Its getting pretty dense, but it could be better with some more efficient lights. but this is energy saving and stealthy :)

What exactly should i look after when im nearing harvest?? its my first time :D

13. supposedly if u harvest slightly before its time it will produce a more sativa high and if harvested later it will produce a more indica high. but i dont know for sure i have never experimented with it before. but usually when 50 to 80 percent of the pistils turn amber or orange but u dont want them to turn a dark brown then it is like past due per say. or if only the top ones have changed to orange pick those buds and leave the bottoms ones on longer so light can get to those. maybe a week longer. then harvst those. atleast thats what i do in order to get the whole plant ripe.

14. You must decide the high you are looking for to determine harvest time but you do not judge time to harvest as a general rule by the colors of pistols.....Harvest time should be determined by the color of the trichomes.....you will need at least a 30x magnifier for this......all trichs start out clear and that is there weakest state....they then turn cloudy or milky in color that will give you the heady sativa high most of the time and then on to amber trichs which is the strongest and will produce a couch lock high.....good luck man

15. #115 Byrgesen87, Dec 13, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 14, 2008
    Day 70 - 47 days of flowering.

32 cm high, its not alot. but its half a meter wide now.

The smell is killing me, its almost to much at this point hehe phew.
    cant wait to harvest the shit.

I borrowed a cam from a friend so you guys can get some nice close ups :)
    let me know what you think hehe.
    Just found out that the ress on the pics was to high so i have to get a program to fix it, im sorry i cant upload pics before 2moro guys.

But trust me, your in for a surprise hehe, didnt think i could grow this much and dense bud with flourescent lights hehe.

HARVEST IS COMING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

-Edit.

Heres the pics guys. got two of the main collar and two of some branches :) enyou.

Attached Files:

16. come on guys. talk to me hehe.

17. looking great man, brilliant grow!

18. #118 Need2FreeWeed, Dec 16, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 16, 2008
    looking good man... if that was mine I'd let it go for a couple of more weeks though (2 at least). (I'm just guessing). You really should do like the guys above said and get a 30X magnifier and check your Trichomes. They aren't that expensive and they will guarantee you get the most out of your bud.

19. i would get it if i could affort it. But since its december and christmas my vallet is empty atm hehe.
    so this harvest will just be by the eye, with alot of hope :)

Yeh it needs abit more time to finish. Ive stopped giving nutes now, to flush em out of the bud before harvest and im giving half the water that i used to to dry it up abit.
    Got that technique from a good friends of mine that grows alot hehe.
    He says that it will be more potent if you let it thirst abit the last weeks :)

• Like Like x 1