AK47 grow

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by axispua, Jun 1, 2009.

1. Hi. I have been growing for a few months now and had one succesful harvest so far, although it was a bit light and fluffy, and didn't get males out in time so got loads of seed (if anyone wants it!)
    I'm now in my 5th week of flowering and have a small problem :

One of my plants stopped growing vertically at about 2. and a bit from the soil feet and is forming loads of nice, dense started buds with a great big load of hair on them, but the other lady is steadily climbing up and seems a little less dense than her sister.
    It's well over 3 feet high now, with plenty of bud sites but the buds are not as thick and plentiful than on te other one.
    I can only raise my light another inch or two in my grow room and was wondering whehter I should wait until it stops growing, or whether I should top it, and if so, is it not too late for that now?

The plants are healthy enough I think, despite temps soaring over here, how muc can I realistically expect in yield from these tow plants? I think I may have 3 to 4 oz per plant the way they are growing but I'm not too sure.

Thanks

2. If you're already flowering, I wouldn't top the plant. That's considered stress, and you don't want to cause the plant to go hermaphrodite. As far as more grow room is concerned, perhaps you can try "training" the plant a little bit. Maybe bend the stem a little (not where it's stiff, but where it's a bit more pliable) and kind of tie it down if possible. Could give you a few more inches. If anyone else has better advice, please let us know. This is a great question.

3. I wouldn't top your plant while its flowering, thats just a bad idea. You can bend em over and tie em down, lst, that way you don't diffuse floral hormones by cutting your plant, which is what happens when you top or prune.

4. Cheers L. Sativa, although the last bit is open for misinterpretation lol).
    I have anothe 3 or 4 inches before the top will reach the light, and I moved it a bit so there can be no direct contact with the bulb, if it only stopped growing!