AK47, Blue Dream, Tangerine

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by Friendlytoker22, Jan 16, 2014.

1. Destroyed one of the two male plants i have. Well, its not destroyed yet. Its currently sitting in its pot still, but its a little nub of a stick at this point. Got my lighting schedule all messed up cause i fell asleep before fixing my timer problem. I have no one to be mad at but myself. But honestly, so early on, and with it being very very indirect light, I should be fine. 

Picture time.

Of course the biggest plant has to be a male. The one I spent most of the time working on and shaping. Is what it is, still was a gorgeous plant all the same.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Started with the removal of the fan leaves and smaller leaves. This left a very nice Skeletal system behind.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Then, I removed the leaf stalks and the minor branches to reveal the nervous system.

[​IMG]

Last came the circulatory system of the plant. Those main veins that fed the rest.

[​IMG]

And that is where it is currently. Im waiting for the coco to dry, then I will remove the root system for photos. The coco is gonna be added to my compost bin for the spring plants.

The other, smaller male was put into the grow box that I started this whole grow in initially. Did some minor adjustments to make the light fit in the right way. This plant was also a victim of that light schedule goof. Gonna hit the plants with a couple extra hours of darkness over the next couple cycles. like a 13/11 for 2-3 days, then back to 12/12. So here is the Male.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

That's gonna flower out until i can collect pollen from him. Then ill dispose of it as safely as I can.

Now to my sole AK female.. I gave her some major LST love today and bent back nearly every main branch to really aid in that full blown light exposure. Within an hour or two she started to re-adjust to her new position. So without further a due, her she is.... looking trashy...

[​IMG]
    4-5 on this side got tied down(they're bigger branches)
    [​IMG]

couple on the other side...
    [​IMG]

This looks dumb, however, what i did here is actually bring the two lower-most branches almost all the way to the top of the plant. I had trained the plant into a "y" shape but knew i would end up with a lot of unwanted under growth if i didnt try to flatten her out.
    [​IMG]

thats all for now.

2. Looks good bro! How bad did ur light schedule fuck up? Sucks about that male tho i had my favorite plant i put the most time into turn male to. This thing dwarfed the ones that ended up being female

Sent From Pluto

3. I should have known that it was male from its growth patterns. Males tend to grow just a bit fast, bit thicker, taller, all around just bigger. He was a gorgeous plant up close and in real life, but what needed to be done had to be done. lets see... lights go off at 6pm... I napped past that point and didnt get my door shut all the way. This allowed light to somewhat come in and hit the base of the plant. I dont think light hit any leaves directly though, nor bud sites. So bout 3-4 hours, sucks, i know. Like i said though, will work on correcting this with extended dark periods. Already working on the repair as we speak. Lights will be off for 13 hours tonight, tomorrow and the next.

4. Yea thats a sure sign of a male. But i dont think thats long enough to really messit up that bad but what ur doing will help your time for sure

Sent From Pluto

5. Well, I decided to chop the other AK male down last friday. I sat there looking at it, staring at all the pollen pods coming in, and thought to myself that I was playing a too dangerous of a game. It would simply take just one of those pods accidentally popping and me getting just a smidgen of pollen on me to ruin my whole room. Not something I really want to chance, not at this point in my work. It was a very quick chop and drop. Nothing more than a little stump is left, but that's all alright, I have other things to attend to at this time. Such as the clones!!!!

Clone update for the day...
    The clones are doing wonderfully for the most part. I say the most part, because I have been dealing with a slight temperature problem over the last week. The weather here in my area has been pretty much awful, with temps barely hitting the 20's on a good day. Granted this friday is supposed to be roughly 45, fingers crossed. I have a heater running in the room and that has done a great job keeping the room at a constant window of 75-80 degrees. With the addition of the flowering room though, The heater has more to heat and thus the over all temps have decreased. I think i might be hitting 70-73 at my highest. The plants physically look wonderful though, praying leaves, rich color, healthy branching and branch thickness, etc. Maybe I'm a tad over worried. 

Clones in there new Order
    [​IMG]

Couple different angles to show height, branching, and spacing.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The AK female over in flower.
    [​IMG]
    She looked really really good when she was in veg, however, I feel she definitely looks less... well, less now. She got a little haggard when I bent her down, and the spacing was very open at first, but that has grown in a bit by now, with more to come. Hopefully with the new growth she will get her vigor back.

Lastly, we have the new cuttings, which are very small, in fact, the smallest i have ever cut... But that's what you get for taking small cuttings from small plants.
    [​IMG]

Purps and Iced Grapefruit
    [​IMG]

MK Ultra and White Widow
    [​IMG]

All together now
    [​IMG]

And lastly, this is the small heating pad I use in unison with the humidity dome. Promotes quick root growth. Always set to low.
    [​IMG]

And that will do it for now...

6. Looks good bro imo u should look into some bigger pots for your veg room tho

Sent From Pluto

7. Re-potted the AK-47 clones into bigger pots today. No longer in their dinky little pots. Should be much much happier now. Lickily i hadnt hit a point of root lock in those smaller containers. Hit everything with a good dose of nutes today. Tomorrow is day 16 of the big AK's flower period which means its time to flush her.

8. UPDATE!!!!!!!!

Got some new stuff for the eyes to gander at....

At 15 days of flowering, pretty even canopy, even without the scrog...
    [​IMG]

and from a little above...
    [​IMG]

And from the very top...
    [​IMG]

Iced Grapefruit coming in nicely...
    [​IMG]

Little White Widow bud formation site....
    [​IMG]

And the clones...
    [​IMG]

9. Lookin good bro cant wait till them lil buds start fattening up!

Sent From Pluto