AK47, Blue Dream, Tangerine

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by Friendlytoker22, Jan 16, 2014.

1. Thats the way I always look at it, even if a plant dies, or ends up male, there is still experience to be gained from all of it. Ive dealt with people like that in the past, and it really wasn't a big issue to me, just sorta struck a small nerve with the negativity. Thanks for everything!

2. yeah don't worry about tsoadk he can be a negative nancy sometimes. and an arrogant andy too. buut that's ok keep on doing what yur doing the plants look fine and we all have to start somewhere. I was just like you, some time ago, a wee grower-san. now I am disciplined pupil. perhaps zen master someday.

3. #23 droski456, Jan 22, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 22, 2014
    Hey man great grow just now reading through the journal. But I was gonna throw something out there if you like ur AK a lot and want to get the best variety in my oppinion go to attitude seedbank or wherever you get your beans. And get a strain called armageddon. Its description only says its a super Ak47 strain and it really is definantly a night time smoke not a go to work or a wake and bake herb lol. I have over 10 years exp and my dad has over 40. And to this day probably the most potent strain ever in our garden was the Armageddon. If if you can't find the strain on ur site u order from they have it on attitude. You might already order from them if so you definantly need to grab that girl 10/10 in my book. If you are interested in a strain and you wanna know something about it. Not being cocky but between me and the old man we've grow acouple hundered and maybe a strain your looking into. Keep up the good work.   :)

Droski456

4. I don't believe I could ever become the master of this trade. I feel there is always more to learn, always ways to perfect your perfection. A grower-san is exactly the right terminology for my grow level/experience.

The first plant that I ever grew, well, lets skip that one... The second plant I grew, granted a down right disaster and shameful excuse for a pot plant, more a decorative house plant sadly sitting in the corner under and incandescent, was where I feel the experience really set in. Not that I did anything right, everything was off, lighting, watering, nutes, soil, the works, but the experience of what not to do. And applying those "not to do's" to my next grow, I ended up with smokable, enjoyable end product and experience to boot. Stepped it up after that and grew 3 plants, and really felt like i had a good handle on things. Upgraded, reworked, played and tinkered and the end product was even better. This will be my 4 legitimate(is saying its legitimate in a non-legalized state a oxymoron? lol) grow, and im very excited. I know im having a slow start, and the plants are not where i would like them to be at this point. Getting that new 400w MH would really save my ass right now but the cost is just beyond my wallets capabilities at this time.

The thing I really love about the GC community is this, you may find your one moldy nug in the batch from time to time, but the dankness that's available around it is unmatched. Ive met(not in person, only on here) some really really wonderful people that have helped me, and i them, in the past. People i still talk with to this day. Some of them on my level, well most, which is nice cause it eliminates any cockiness immediately, and some way way above myself, that just want to look out for the little guy. Much like yourself.

5. I appreciate the kind words, and I will definitely look into it. As this is my first AK grow, im not sure how it will be or how ill like growing it. I know i like smoking AK, always has a good high and good effect on the body. All i know of the seeds(being they were gifted to me) is that they come from a reputable seed bank in Amsterdam, and were picked up by the gift givers brother. The strain, once brought back here to the states has been grown, cloned and re-grown for the past 10 years or so between the two. I kinda count myself lucky getting something so warmly shared between the two brothers for so long.

6. #26 droski456, Jan 22, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 22, 2014
    Oh yea for sure that is a great gift. If you ever need any help with anything. If your plants look weird etc... just ask me and ill help you fix it. And you are doing just fine in my book bro. Dont get down on yourself and keep putting the time and dedication in to it and you will succeed in what you are trying to achieve. It took me quite some time to get were I wanted to be. But don't get me wrong that drive to get better will always be there and that's really the amazing thing about it. Cause without that you would come to a standstill. Be happy with what your end product is even if its not how you expected it to be.Because you created it and learn from your mistakes take them and embrace them so that your next go through you can correct them. Always research and the main thing is don't be afraid to ask for help.   :)

7. Preach it my friend, preach it  :D

8. So, im ditching the scrog net for this grow... or at least not for these plants... maybe ill start some indoor cucumbers or some shit like that. It would appear that when talking with my friend, i thought i was getting 3-4 plants from him, now im getting 10 in total(woot) so there will be no room to scrog it out. Looks like were going vertical. Pics soon.

9. I'm subbed to the grow ill be popping in. 

10. I look forward to it. I'm super excited about getting the new ladies. It really puts my mind at ease knowing there will be definite females in the room. I don't know the gender of my AK's yet as i haven't sexed them yet. I was gonna veg them for another week or two before taking anything off for sexing. Males will be transferred out of the grow room, and into the house where i will flower them and collect pollen. I figure AK pollen is a good thing to have on hand if ever i feel like getting into breeding. A good starting pollen anyways.

Once the plants have been settled in, ill make a detailed account of all changes, pictures added and what not.

11. ok ok ok ok ok ok, i do have one question, thought id ask as i research my options... 400w HPS, max number of plants before it becomes not worth putting more plants in? I have no choice but to grow the 8 im being given, its a promise to a friend i intend to keep. Plus 4 of the 8 are being given to me for growing the other 4 for him. on top of that, the 3 AK's, 11 plants total.... From what im reading, most people say 10 plants tops before your yield really starts getting effected. In total(with a silly little 100w HPS system i have as well) i could pump 500w total on the plants.

12. Its not about plant # its about how big of a space i think a 400 covers a 3x3 area but im not 100% on that

Sent From Pluto

13. [​IMG]

I've found a few of these charts spread here and there and they all seem to have relatively the same information, only differing by a foot or less each. Seems a 400w will cover a 3x4 or 4x4 no problem, so with that 100w in there, i think i could stretch that to 4x5 which would be the maximum amount of space id provide in my room for the plants. thoughts?

14. Sounds good how much height do u got on your room?

Sent From Pluto

15. Its a closet under a curling style set of stairs. Total closet height is about 10 foot at one end and 3 at the other end. The general shape is that of an "L" the little end is where the stairs come down. All the plants will sit somewhere in the middle giving me a max heigh of 5 feet from grown on the short end and max height of 8-9 on the other end. Trying to keep it all in a 4x5 area. Also the closet is 5ft wide throughout. Only length/height changes. 

16. Yea u should be good just dont veg to long cuz remember in flower plants will tripple in size

Sent From Pluto

17. trust, i wont forget that, been there before!

18. I feel ya on that one!

Sent From Pluto

19. Ok so my guy came through with the clones today, finally got everything settled in. Sadly, they are way smaller than he had originally told me. To put them on some sort of growth scale... id say they look like they would be about 1 1/2 weeks old. Healthy as can be though for the most part, little browning, little this, little that, but its cloning so you know... I went from 3 plants to 11 plants.

The strains themselves were a bit different then what was originally quoted to me. Instead of Blue dream, Tangerine and AK, I'm now growing: AK47, Iced Grapefruit, White widow, MK, and Purps.

Iced Grapefruit: Indica/ Sativa 40/60 with Flowering around 8 weeks. THC has been measured at 15%+. Perfect for mental pain, with long big buds and a height around 1.20m. Smell is a cross of Grapefruit and Black hash

White Widow: Indica/Sativa mix with Flowering just under 70 days

MKultra: Indica, Cross of OG Kush(IN) and G-13(IN). Flowering time is right at 65 days. Grows compact with fast blossoms.

The Purps: Indica/Sativa Mix, Flowering at 62 days.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

As you can see, its a little crowded at this point, but im working things around and getting new light in asap. Can definitely see the size difference. Shouldnt be much of a problem though.