Ak-48 grow - Small DR40 tent, 140W pro-grow LED - Second grow

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by RJ42, Aug 10, 2011.

1. From the look of it I'd say you've still got some veg time though. Of course, my preference is to have my plants be outgrowing the space by harvest, so you're preferences may be different.

2. Care to shed so light on what "fairly cheap LED panels that are made specifically for cannabis"?

Thanks man

Puffer

Btw nice grow

3. I'm really just looking to get the best/most amount of weed I can. I don't care if it outgrows the enclosure or anything if it means more bud.
    I was thinking about giving them both another week or two max and then switch to 12/12. Anyone think that's a bad idea?

@Puffer
    I'm not really sure what you're asking. I think most LED's are made specifically for cannabis, because that's probably the biggest market.
    https://hydroponicshut.com/
    Gotham Hydro
    LED Grow Lights For Indoor Plants, Grow Tents | Advanced LED Lights
    Magnum LED Grow Lights

4. It's funny thing to see your plants grow up!When I was young ,I like to grow many flowers by myself , that's a very happy to see your little plant grow up and bloom many beautiful flowers!

5. update

Attached Files:

6. looking good man. that led light plays tricks on the eyes!

7. Hello RJ42,

Your plants are looking very nice. Have you flipped to 12/12 yet?

8. #108 RJ42, Oct 9, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 9, 2011
    @Larsblackman
    thanks dude, yeah it does! You should see it in person! Always scares me at first glance, some of the optical illusions it creates.

Hi tastebud!
    Thanks for the compliment. Lights were switched over to 12/12 today, and I also put in different spectrum CFL's including a huge 55W 2700k.
    Picture update coming when I have time.

9. Plants look really nice! Have you considered trying 125w or 105w CFLs?

10. I have thought about the 125w cfl, maybe I will buy one in the future.

Update
    I put a reflector on the side of my tent to catch more of the 55w cfl. Last night was the first of 12/12.

Attached Files:

11. Don't make reflectors out of foil...foil has heatspots and is generally not accepted to reflect light. Go out and buy a car window reflector that has mylar...that is about 95-98% reflective :D

Everything else looks good though! How much was the 140w Pro Grow panel?

12. Hello RJ42. Lookin good. Just checking in your progress. Hope your flowering goes well. Cheers.

13. Seems like the panels are a steal for that price. I'm interested in their highest wattage panels but I'd like ot see more growing first :D

14. Yeah, if you watch the companies ebay auctions, you can usually get a 180W (the newer version of mine) for around $225.

15. #116 RJ42, Oct 14, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 14, 2011
    Both are starting to get/have quarter inch hairs all over the nodes. Gave both of them their first dose of tiger bloom yesterday night.

Attached Files:

16. Added two 26W CFL's. Mainly only used when I start seeing buds due to obvious temp issues.

That gives me 107W of 2600k spectrum CFL supplemental lighting.

Attached Files:

17. Hey RJ42. Your doing great. Your plants are coming along nicely bro. Keep it up. I got all of my 180W hydhut lights on ebay auction. And, you are right, I got them all for around $225.00 each. That's a good tip for anyone that's interested in these lights. Save a little $. Can't wait to see how your flowering goes. Cheers.

18. RJ this grow is awesome your doing great everything looks as it should. I am ordering me one of these small tents to put inside of my big tent as a veg chamber, is it completely light proof?

19. tastebud
    Thanks for the encouragement.

bwitsne
    Hey thanks dude. Yeah, the tent is completely light proof with no leaks whatsoever when the vents are closed. I couldn't imagine a better, small tent.