AK-47 grow, need help

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by alleyne, Nov 7, 2011.

1. hello GC

I am currently growing 2 AK-47 plants. I had 5, my mate has taken 3 (as his 4 got hit hard by slugs), i always planned on just growing one plant so its not a big deal. So here is all my info:

70 CoCo/30 Perlite
    Closet grow
    Serious seeds Ak-47
    32 days old
    150w hps and 40W 6500K cfl
    Using nautral spring water
    Using gh trio
    pH i try keep between 5.7-6.0 (the CoCo i set at 5.9 before i planted)
    temps are about 77-82 with lights on and around 65-70 lights off.

So here is my problem. At about day 15 i noticed the bottom leaves started to look like this

i thought it was an mg def, so i added epsom salts into my waterings as well as some spraying. once it seemed to be getting better i gave the plants a dose of full nutes ( i tested full nutes on the runtiest plant-and it seemed okay), then it looked like i had nute burn so i flushed all the plants. now they are back on a 1/2 dose of nutes. it currently looks like this:

plz help

Attached Files:

2. hard to tell. I have never grown in coco but have always heard to use CoCo specific nutes for it as other nutes will react badly with the coco.

bump

3. thanks bro, sadly the hydro shop near by only does the GH trio. :confused:

4. Sorry I can't help. but the symptoms look very similar to the problems I'm having with serious seeds chronic.

5. my plant is looking a bit better today, much perkier but thats the only improvemnt. here is a good picture of her symptoms. i have just foliar fed her with some weak epsom salts. come on GC help a brother out!

Attached Files:

6. I'd change your nutes again, and flush with clean fresh water PHd to 5.8 (the fresh water coming out should be 5.8) drop PH of your nutes to 5.5, and feed half strength (500ppmish) let your medium dry out more, between waterings. Only feed as much as will allow the coco to feel dry within 24 hrs. Feed with half strength nutes and keep an eye on the new growth for the next few days. The damaged leaves won't get better, but the new growth should look good. Once you get signs of vigorous growth, start ramping up your your nutes to full strength.

Stop dosing Epsom salt.

7. thanks for advice, will follow and post results.

8. so i have been doing what you suggested and the plant is starting to look much better. it isn't drooping so much anymore, starting to pick itself up! the new growth is looking good. i know its still a bit yellow.

Attached Files:

9. Great job! Glad to hear that things are turning around for you. Do you have any new pics? Can't wait to hear about the chop!