Ajs First Grow Room

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by Apple Jacks, Nov 3, 2013.

1. #1 Apple Jacks, Nov 3, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 21, 2014
    I keep editing this first post soo... enjoy! :) (less boring after page 5~ lol (so far))

Harvests - 1
    Grows     - 2 (+1 technically)

Pics from my grows I like below.

Attached Files:

2. #2 Apple Jacks, Nov 5, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 6, 2013
    Finally took a few more pics to upload. Nothing impressive. One is of the current setup I am using, really shitty but it works for a budget of $0. The other pic is of something I noticed growing on the stalk of the plant. I have no idea what it's supposed to grow into lol, was kinda curious if anyone might have an idea of what it's supposed to be. There's four of them growing, two side-by-side on opposite sides of the stalk. I know the quality of the pictures are crappy but those are the best I can get currently. Also the plant is staying on the short side. It's roughly 6" tall (I burried some of the stalk), hasn't gotten any taller that I've noticed but leaf growth is still going.

View attachment 128218
    View attachment 128217

I'm also open to any suggestions about anything I'm doing. I'm new to growing cannabis but thought it would be a fun thing to do on the side.

3. Not like it's a big deal.... but:

I'm just assuming the "unknown" four new growths on the side of the stalk are just new leaves.. just looks different then how I see most newly forming leaves look. That and the fact that theres two sets of two, both sets are opposite each other and the growths are very close together.. From what I've seen of most types of plants, new leaves don't just sprout like that from the side of the stalk out of no where. In the picture you can "kinda" see two of them, mostly just the bigger one on the left. Their measurements are roughly 3mm tall, 1-1.5 mm wide .1 mm deep. Very very thin, like a hair. Can't wait for them to grow more to find out what it really is :) They sprang fourth about 2 days ago that I noticed. Few hours after I pruned the first set of leaves that were dead. Has anyone ever noticed anything like this on their plants? I know I'm a noobie at this but hey, always fun to question that which we do not know/understand.

And not like it could be any pollen sacks or pistoles starting so IDK.. It's never seen 12 hours of darkness before lol. It barely knew what night was for the first week. Debating on starting it on flowering in 2 weeks (5 weeks from seed) due to it not wanting to get any taller. I've seen some plants turn out nice even after just a week or two of veg from seed.

4. #4 Apple Jacks, Dec 1, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 2, 2013
    Haven't posted in a while but I got more bag seeds and up to 5 plants now. The 4 new ones are growing extremely well compared to the one I've had.This one is 5 weeks old and its just not growing fast, its real slow but is growing. 1385925318038.jpg Pics in my previous posts are from 3-4 weeks ago. Not sure what to do with it, thinking about flipping it to 12/12 lighting but idk if i should wait more. Any input on that one would be great!Heres the 4 new ones, two are 4 days old and the other two are 8 days old.Shorty: 1385925563406.jpg Gemini: 1385925577482.jpg Stretch: 1385925599831.jpg Babe:

Attached Files:

5. I wouldn't put them in to flowering yet, not if u are hoping to fund another grow off of the money u receive from this one.. I'd wait longer. Doing good though

6. I would strongly recommend more perlite for sure

7. I was only thinking about flowering just the one cuz its like 6 weeks old now and still tiny. Thanks :) ill mix in more when i transplant, wasnt sure how much to use when i did that mix.

8. The more the better with that stuff, that's IMO tho

9. Thanks bud ill be sure to get a much better ratio of perlite. Took some new pics of babe and stretch.Babe: 1386202873491.jpg Stretch: 1386202898820.jpg Babe is my baby :) shes getting a real dank stink already, surprised the hell out of me. 12 days old and smells better than the bud i currently have. Madre has been telling me my room "stinks" but i just smelled it today. Stretch is the same strain but no smell yet.Haven't taken any new pics of the rest cuz theres not that much change yet.

10. #10 Apple Jacks, Dec 5, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 5, 2013
    Decided to add a picture of my grow closet. 1386203408962.jpg Keep in mind I'm trying an extremely low(almost non) budget grow. Ive only had to spend $10 on everything so far.New lighting specs: 5 26w cfl 6500k & 2 4' t8 40w florescent 6500k averaging 3000-3500 lumens/sqft on all plants.Getting a new floro fixture for free in a few days to up the lumens to 5000+ might even be able to get a single floro t5 fixture for free at the same time. Fingers crossed!! :)

11. Hoping to get to the hardware store today to start getting everything for a carbon filter (or something) to control the odor. My mother is complaining about the smell leaking out of my room. Pretty bad since my room is technically a porch(lol) and pretty well insulated off from the house. 1386266226409.jpg Both smell very nice. I never realized plants could have that scent before flowering. But I'm enjoying the air freshener.

12. I'm having the same issue of my plant being around 2 weeks old and very slow growth.. It's my first growth as well
    Hope our plants hit a growth spurt!!
    Check out my grow with pics added if yu get a chance

13. [quote name="Gangmobb" post="19107084" timestamp="1386270860"]I'm having the same issue of my plant being around 2 weeks old and very slow growth.. It's my first growth as well Hope our plants hit a growth spurt!! Check out my grow with pics added if yu get a chance[/quote]Hey thanks bud! Yea Gemini and shorty are pretty slow in growth but I'm blaming genetics as i don't know specific strains of any. Ill head on over to your grow now. Will be fun watching another grow the same age as mine :)

14. yeah comparisons will be nice i think i should of started with bagseeds tho lol oh well. mine were planted between Nov 21 to Nov 27 ish

How about yours? i see you also have different dates lol

15. 10/21 11/23 11/26. I got lucky with the bagseed, its rare to find any anymore.

16. New pics :) Started LST Stretch.Professor, Babe, Stretch, Gemini, Shorty. 1386524092932.jpg 1386524106088.jpg 1386524114906.jpg 1386524140458.jpg 1386524149967.jpg

17. those big leaf plants look superb good job dude seems like you had good strains lol

18. Thanks :) yea im real happy with the two big stinky twins

19. [quote name="greenbudguy" post="19125519" timestamp="1386532781"]How far are you keeping the lights? You need more perlite. Add more when you transplant. Make sure you don't over water them. current growhttp://forum.grasscity.com/index.php?/topic/906719-greenbudguy's-"perpetual"-grow[/quote]The lights stay between 4-6" away and ill be adding a good bit more perlite when i transplant. I try and let them dry out real good before i water, only watered the youngest 4 once since they sprouted. Thanks for your input i appreciate it :) I learned a lot from Professor, hence the name haha.