AJ’s Blue Mystic 12/12 from Seed Stealth PC Grow

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by AllJokesAside, Jan 6, 2015.

1. #1 AllJokesAside, Jan 6, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 6, 2015
    :metal: AJ's Blue Mystic 12/12 from Seed Stealth PC Grow :metal: 

Hey, Happy New Year all! You can call me AJ, and today I have decided to share with y'all my very first cannabis grow to usher in the New Year! Now I may be a novice, but I've done extensive research for quite literally a year, and since the month of May, I've been working on my grow box(s). So hopefully you guys can join me on my very first run into the world of cannabis growing! Please be nice, though constructive criticism is always welcome!

So anyway, this is a soil based PC grow using 2 separate “systems” (don't let the word trick you, this is a very simple grow setup). So I have the full ATX sized desktop PC turned grow box that can hold 2 plants, but I also have a second cardboard grow box that is much smaller. I intend to use the smaller one for producing feminized seeds using colloidal silver that I made myself. Everything made from cardboard in this project was obtained for free from my local recycling center. Save money and go green guys!

[​IMG]

The smaller grow box is lined with white printer paper and uses one single 23w CFL. I use a 23w because I'm after high quality, feminized seeds, not buds. I decided that trying to produce feminized seeds is worth a shot because I have a limited supply of seeds and in the long run, feminized seeds will save me time. Right now, I'm not interested in breeding but that may come in later on.

[​IMG]

Seed Strain

On that note, the seeds I got are Nirvana's regular 10 pack of BLUE MYSTIC. This is a great beginner strain because of its small stature and low odor during flowering. This is crucial because I have zero odor control at the moment. I also got a 10 pack of regular freebies, which I don't intend on germinating because my space is very limited and for all I know, it could be the largest, smelliest skunk sativa strain in existence. I also have a strain and seedbank review here on grasscity that I intend to finish after the results of this grow are in.
    :gc_rocks: 

[​IMG]

Link to Review:http://forum.grasscity.com/smoke-reports/1351138-nirvana-seeds-seedbank-review-strain-blue-mystic-regular-10-pack.html

Grow Cases

So hopefully you're getting the picture, ATX PC case as a main grow box and a smaller cardboard grow box for producing feminized seeds. There is one 80mm exhaust fan pulling air through a passive mesh intake in the mini female box. I originally wanted to put a ventilation filter on, but realized that the fan is too weak to do so.
    Dimensions for the Fem Box: 12in (L) x 10in (W) x 15in (H)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Now on the big beauty, there are four 23w CFL's in use that I wired myself from some lamps. I intend to upgrade to four 42w bulbs later on. Custom Hood, again, still really cheap. Next, we also have a single 80mm exhaust fan connected to a computer power supply and a current regulator that controls fan speed. The main case has passive ventilation intake at the front.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The inside of the PC is lined with white printer paper and the bottom is a foil reflector. The PC is incredibly light proof. I also have a cardboard light trap over the single exhaust fan I mentioned earlier. I was surprised how well it all turned out. NZXT Phantom and can be found here.
    Link to Case: http://www.nzxt.com/product/detail/34-phantom.html
    Dimensions of the case: 24.5in (L) x 8.7in (W) x 21.2in (H)

Treated Soil

The soil I have is just some old potting soil. It was in an outdoor pot. To sterilize the soil, I dried it, then baked it in the oven. That's how you sterilize soil after it has been subjected to the elements. The heat kills any lingering bugs and some of the bacteria. Considering the fact that I got it for free, it not that bad. :yay: 

[​IMG]

Nutrients and Fertilizer

My nutrient mix is diluted green tea, which is rich in nitrogen (principle nutrient that helps grow dem budz). I'll fertilize the plants every other day. I also have ground and dried eggshells for calcium supplements. The pots I'll be growing in are just some cut up milk cartons. :confused_2: 

Colloidal Silver

The colloidal silver was made from silver wires I got off of amazon. They are 4 inches in length. I had them hooked up to a 12 volt, 1 amp adapter for about 3 hours, floating in a jar of purified water. However, if you plan on consuming the colloidal silver, there are special instructions online to do that.
    NOTE: DO NOT CONSUME ANY PART OF THE PLANT THAT HAS COME IN CONTACT WITH COLLOIDAL SILVER. :mad: 

[​IMG]

LST: Low Stress Training

To maximize yield and control the size of the plants, I intend to low stress train. If things get really out of hand, I plant to super crop. I got some fuzzy pipe cleaners that I think will work great as training wire. If you want to find them their usually in the arts and crafts category.

Odor Control

If you read before, there is no odor control, but if things do get smelly, I have Febreeze. J
    I intend to change this later on for future grows.

Case Temperatures

​
         :huh:             Basement   Main (Lights On)  Main (Lights Off)  FemBox (Lights On)  FemBox (Lights Off)

Temp:             67 Degrees      81 Degrees           65 Degrees            73 Degrees                  66 Degrees

Humidity:             45%                  35%                        45%                         37%                               43%

­­­­­­­In this diagram, you can see my current temperatures and humidity readings. The basement column is my general work area, it acts as a control to sort of compare all the other stuff too. In both grow boxes, the fans are running 100% 24/7. My main case has a cooling issue, even at 100% my 80mm fan is not powerful enough to circulate enough air to drop temps below 80 degrees. :confused: 

Process Plan

The main case can hold 2 plants, and the mini box can hold 1, so I germinate 3 seeds at a time. I germinated using the wet paper towel method on January 4<sup>th</sup>. If I get any males I'll dispose of them and germinate another seed until I have 3 all-female plants. The seedlings are kept in small water bottles under makeshift moisture domes and I mist them every day. Sex of plants should be defined at about 2 weeks into 12/12. After they go into the main grow pots I'll start misting them with the colloidal silver.

My grow cycle is 12/12 from seed, which is just skipping the vegetative period, and going straight into flowering from germination. Yes, it is possible, and I'm going to prove it, ladies and gents. :bongin: 
    [​IMG]

After the 8-9 weeks of flowering, I'll do my best to cure for about 6 weeks. If I can hold out that long. Curing jars are just some cleaned out jelly jars. Something I'm worried about is drying. I don't have a designated drying area that can contain the smell (which is supposed to peak during drying). But, I guess we'll cross that bridge when we come to it. Next update will show popped beans. Stay tuned, updates will be posted at least every week! :hello: 

2. 12/12 from seed of course is possible. Yields suffer that's all. Grew nirvanas BM recently. If u have any questions I can try to help. Good luck!

Sent from my HTCEVOV4G using Grasscity Forum mobile app

Attached Files:

3. #3 AllJokesAside, Jan 6, 2015
     thanks man! :smoke:  Would love to know more bout the smoke and yield (in terms of denseness). Leafly can only offer so much. do you have a grow journal? those nugs look yummy.
    And thanks for the support mate!

4. These plants are stocky indicas that flower a large cola and many side colas. Even the lower stuff gets dense. It's a couchlock high more of a night time smoke. Low odor almost non existent in veg but if you rub a stem or leaf you can smell her real good. Is a great starter strain, not a heavy feeder and finishes in 8-9 weeks .... Definitely don't skimp on the cure, as it does her major justice.

5. #5 AllJokesAside, Jan 6, 2015
    couchlock stone? hmmmm.. from what i've heard it has a strong headhigh. 
    or is it a hybrid of both? 

but your definetly right about the denseness, heard some good stuff about the weight/yield

6. The pheno I had was def the narcotic couchlock stone. Wich I love lol

7. #7 AllJokesAside, Jan 10, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 10, 2015
    Hey, All :wave: ! I'm back with another update! So anyway, out of the three I germinated on Sunday (The 4<sup>th</sup>) only 2 germinated, so I germinated another one on Wednesday, and it popped! So I now have 3 seeds which are hopefully female. Germinating is such a bother. I put the 3 seeds into soil today, (The 9<sup>th)</sup>. The seed in the back is the cursed bean.

[​IMG]

So their sitting in the main case, under moisture domes, and are basking in 24 hour light until they break the surface of the soil. Hopefully I didn't fuck it up because I accidentally put one of the seeds with the tap root facing upward. Next time I germinate, I'll have to make sure I don't leave them in the wet towel too long or their taproots grow more than I like and it makes it hard to place them into the soil easily.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Ran into a another problem with my soil. Today was the first time I tried watering it. And when it's dry, it's like fluffy and soft. So I thought, “This stuff must have great drainage.” Well it turns out, the drainage is too good. :huh: 

I water the soil and it just seems to flow right through. As if it's like pebbles or something. The soil doesn't really[SIZE=12pt] get moist either. This might be a problem. Too early to smash the red alert button. I'll have to keep my eye on this one. [/SIZE] :ph34r:[SIZE=12pt] [/SIZE]

8. #8 AllJokesAside, Jan 12, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 12, 2015
    Got an early update! :wave: Not much to say, other than the soil isn't as bad as I thought. I can see the sprouts trying to push through the dirt! Should all be above ground by Wednesday or Thursday. :cool: 

[​IMG]

Something I considered, but didn't talk about, was mixing the soil I got with some other soil I got laying around. The only problem with the soil I'm using is that it doesn't clump at all. Even when completely dry. So if I did decide to mix, hopefully it would have some better water retention qualities. So I don't know what you guys think?? :confused:  :confused:  :hello: 

Ok, to the far left, is the other soil, the middle is the mix, and to the far right is the current soil i'm using.

[​IMG]

Close up of other "hashy" soil. :smoke:

[​IMG]

Current Soil :confused_2:

[​IMG]

MIX of the two. Look like shit, but trust me, its the camera. :smoking:

[​IMG]

Stay Tuned! And remember, pretty much ALL comments are welcome!! :D

9. #9 AllJokesAside, Jan 25, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 25, 2015
    [SIZE=12pt]Hey, Guys. Sorry I'm so late with the update. Not too motivated to update because not many people seem to care about the thread. So probably going to be a short update.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]So, had a big renovation of the main box (major understatement). Cleaned it, moved the power supply, got a new 120mm Exhaust, and fixed the lights. The plants popped out of the soil a while ago. My biggest is about 1 inch tall. But the one seed I fucked up on when I was putting it in the soil was super slow and now it seems to be deformed. It hardly broke through the soil and the leaves that did break through are yellow and just really weird looking. And about the new fan, It works. It REALLY works. At max speed, temps are 75 degrees and relative humidity is roughly 30-31%. But, only downside is that it is LOUD. Like furnace heater level of loud. You can hear it from the kitchen. So have to keep it at low speed. Temps are still roughly 80 degrees. The old fan (80mm) I had is now at the front of the case as you will see later on.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]My soil turns out to be very good at holding salt content (excessive salt buildup), and if I don't water every day, the water that comes out is yellow and the plants seem to suffer. My timer doesn't seem to be working right either, when I check it in the morning it's always like 3 hours behind, and I have to reset it EVERY MORNING. So not sure what I'm going to do, grow is quickly going to shit. However, started working on plans for a bigger and better perpetual sea of green grow.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]Also something big that happened, decided to germinate all my remaining (6) Blue Mystic seeds. I did so on the 23<sup>rd</sup> of January. So why such a big step? Well, I reasoned that waiting for the three I have now, to grow and show sex and then throwing out the males and germinating again until I get enough females is not very time efficient. So I'll just germ all of them and the males get the axe and the extra females will stay in the mini cups.[/SIZE]

The plants I have now are also curling strangely. Can anyone tell me what's happening? Or is this normal??

[SIZE=12pt]Not much too say though a lot has happened, but hopefully, someone can help out and give a newbie some tips. Enjoy the pics. Until later, guys. Stay green.[/SIZE]

PICS OF THE GIRLS WHEN THEY JUST SPROUTED  :smoking: 

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

PICS OF THE GIRLS NOW (WITH CURLING)  :confused: 

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

PICS OF THE RENOVATION :smoke: 

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

OLD FAN :confused_2: 

[​IMG]

NEW FAN :hello: 

[​IMG]

CLEANING :smoking: 

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

OLD LIGHT SETUP

[​IMG]

10. Well, midweek update. Today is a sad day. Deformed plant, plant #3, has moved on to a better place. He will surely be missed (i cannot bring my self to say she). Found him slumped over in his soiled grave, devoid of any naturel colors. R.I.P.  :( 

Anyway, this is what seeds are looking like; Bought 10 regular seeds. Germinated 4, 1 did not germ. 3 plants grew for a little while, And plant #3 left us today. Germinated last 6 seeds, 1 did not germ. 1 DISAPPEARED. No idea how. Just disappeared from paper towel. TOTAL PLANTS LEFT: 6

Put the 4 that germed into soil 2 days ago.  :cool: 

My 2 eldest plants seem to be showing sex, very small, but hopefully it will be female. Both exhibit the same pistil like structures. Hopefully both female, but knowing my luck, probably male. :angry: 

Got another timer after my other one stopped working.  :hello:

11. #11 Blue Dreamer, Jan 29, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 29, 2015
    Lots of nutrients in that soil, hopefully it doesn't fry the youngins. Curling is probably too much heat...

Thanks for the reply Blue Dreamer!

Soil dosen't have any nutes actually! but i've been thinking, for once, and realized that the soil has some sort of contaminant. When I water, yellow colored water comes out. So i thought it was salt buildup. but salt shouldn't come out yellow. Though it's hard to see the plants leaves are also oddly pale and abit deformed. Hopefully the final product is safe for consumption.

13. Out of the 4 that went into soil recently, only 1 sprouted.  :cry:

damn this grow is real taking a turn for the worst.

14. Sorry to hear hopefully you bounce back@

15. thanks! actually, alot has happened lately.

I think i'll make this post double as a update for all other..

So anyway, In total i have 3 plants. 

The one that sprouted out of four is currently in 12/12 from seed mode and is grow ok.
    My other 2 main plants have had quite abit happen to them.
    One of them is still in flowering and is doing absolutley amazing, very small though.
    The other is in 24 hour light. I'm attempting to reveg this one and everything seems to be doing alright. However, the mother that is revegging has leaves that are paling, or turning very light green, and the tips are brown. I guessing that its a zinc deficiency, but without a hydroshop nearby, i'm not sure what i'm going to do. Also i can't order anything right now. 

So my question to anyone is, does zinc deficiency end up killing the plant?? or can they pull through?

Pics will hopefully be up as soon as i can find my camera.

16. Sounds like a ph issue. Will check out the pics

17. Well guys, it's been awhile. Sorry for the break in updates. No real explanation for that.
    In the pass month quite a bit has happened:

Did some LST'ing

Germed 4 other seeds (Where only 1 actually sprouted)

Put one of the 2 flowering plants into VEG (To turn it into mother once I established sex)

The one that stayed in flowering grew INCREDIBLY. Well incredibly for a 12/12 from seed plant anyway. She stands at a towering 3 inches. Ans shes packing on the weight each week. Not sure what day we're at cuz not sure when to start. Germination? Sprouted? First popping when she was in the paper towel????? no idea but I'm guessing roughly like 3-4 weeks left.[​IMG]

The one I put into veg is looking so bad, I don't know whether even keeping it is an option.[​IMG]  I think the browning tips are either just because I put it in to veg or because zinc deficiency. One way or another even if it gets a hold of itself before I turn 30, I doubt I'll even use it now.

On the good side, the flowering one is looking great and smells good. [​IMG] Very faint unless you within an inch of it. Has a piney scent sorta like a pinecone, fall season type smell. Absolutely love it.

I took one of the light bulbs out of the main grow box cuz it was too hot. Temps are much better now mid 70's.

Ummm…what else? The seedling's stem was accidently pinched by my moisture dome, and it really stressed it out. Haven't seen much growing since, must be busy repairing itself. Well, yield is looking like MAX 1 gram. Which is absolutely pitiful. But hey, 1 gram is better than no grams. And honestly can't wait to try out the flavor, been stuck with the same weed around my area for like a year and a half.

PICS BELOW

18. #18 AllJokesAside, Mar 13, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 16, 2015
    ALL PICS ARE IN CHRONOLOGICAL ORDER (FROM WHERE THE GROW LEFT OFF TO PRESENT)
     ​
    First pic is of early growth, smaller one is ironically the biggest one I have now. Bigger one is the would-be mother.
    [​IMG]

Close up of mom
    [​IMG]

Few weeks later. Started LST on mom.
    [​IMG]

Growin' great.
    [​IMG]

Seedling finally sprouted. Would end up to be the only one that does sprout.
    [​IMG]

The gang. Other 3 empty pots are filled with the seeds that never got a chance at life. At the time of the picture i didn't know that.
    [​IMG]

Seedling growin.
    [​IMG]

Young pic of the best plant i have now.
    [​IMG]

The mother showed pistils fairly quick.
    [​IMG]

Mother.
    [​IMG]

Separated her from others and put her under 24 hour light. This pic was about a month ago give or take.
    [​IMG]

The Flowering one. Kept her in flowering next to her sister.
    [​IMG]

Seedling showing first serrated edged leaves.
    [​IMG]

This is the mother about 1 or 2 weeks ago. She is looking ok pictured here, but currently she is looking VERY bad.
    [​IMG]

Current pic of flowering one. She is doing amazingly. Hope you guys like the micro pics. Very hard to get the camera to focus well. But as you can see she is doing very nice. As of march 16th, she has 3 weeks left. I plan to harvest Around april 4th.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Pic of the gang. As you can see the flowering one has surpassed the mother who is now pretty much dieing. The seedling is not looking so hot either. If you look close you can see i used a toothpick to support her cuz her stem is damaged. I very much regret the mistake of pinching her, now she is hardly growing at all, or rather at a snails pace. I'm not sure what to do. But hopefully she'll pull through. As you can also notice i put them into bigger party cups.

Now i want to talk about why i didn't try to turn the mother into flowering balls with colloidal silver to make seeds. Well at the time, i sort of jumped the gun and thought that she was too small to try and start spraying her. From what i read it really stresses the plant and if the plant is too young it will most likely die. Now looking at the flowering one, i realize that she had some serious growing to do.

But one way or another, if i had tried spraying her at the age i planned too, she would have died. So instead i opted to try and reveg her by putting her under constant 24 hour light. Sadly, the amount of time it take to actually revert back to veg is up to months. NEVER TRY TO REVEG FLOWERING PLANTS. Earlier i said that the plant had zinc deficiency, but in truth it may have been just the FACT that i was stressing her that she was showing "nutrient problems".

Well all in all, i'm excited to harvest at least something. For a first grow i cannot say it was a complete success, but it looks like i'll at least get something. Except some harvest pics in 3 weeks time.
    [​IMG]

19. Well, the fateful day is here. Harvested the big one on Thursday, started drying today.[​IMG]
    Pics are in chrinological order, from where, or should i say when, we left off.
    Got SUPER trigger happy with the shutter button. Hope y'all like the pics!

[​IMG]
    Seedling w/ damaged stem
    [​IMG]
    "Mother" looking not so pretty
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Decided to trim off the dead leaves on the mother
    [​IMG]
    Looks very snowy with the white backdrop [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
     Mother a few days later, not much improvement
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    "Hairs goin Ham!"
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Judgement day has arrived. Stripped the guilty one off all its fan leaves.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Roots
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    In case you are blind it reads .67 grams. Even less than i hoped plus its the wet weight.[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Fan leaves .16 grams
    [​IMG]
    Secured to lid of drying box
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Crime doesn't pay kids. Just look at this sorry sap.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Well, we have come to the end of my very first grow. I hope you guys enjoyed and please leave some comments. Will post final weight after drying has concluded. Also sorry the final week pics didn't have dates.

20. No judging or anything but I'm pretty sure that plant had another 3 weeks left. It appears to have long white pistils shooting out. It hadnt started the swell yet.