Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Airtight containers for weed storage?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by Antler, Jun 30, 2012.

1. Alright so I don't have a mason jar, but I do plan on buying one (I can't for 2 weeks though), so besides a mason jar what are some common household items that are good for storing weed? Right now I have a quarter so it should accommodate that size.

Thanks!:smoke:

2. A very well cleaned out pickle jar or just about any glass jar with an airtight lid.

Maybe tupperware container but I don't know how well those hold smell.

3. Tupperware in a pinch? Anything you've got with a seal pretty much. Can I ask what's hindering you from dropping like $3 on a mason jar in the next two weeks? It's not like you need to be 18 or need to go to a special store...

(edit: obviously you need to be 18 on these forums, but most of the time with questions like this its regarding an item that an underage person can't buy)

4. My cars in the shop right now, so I have no means of going to any stores or anything. I've decided to just double bag it in a ziplock. I'm going to try to find some tupperware to put it in.

5. #5 420everysecond, Jun 30, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 30, 2012
    Tupperware would probably work.

6. Double bag it, having bounty sheets in the second most outer bag so it's not rubbing on the bud.

7. After you put it in the first ziplock bag, submerse it in a sink full of water up to just above the buds. This will force as much air out as possible, then seal it. This is to prevent the bag from swelling up and leaking air if it gets warm. Leave a small amount of air in the outer bag with a dryer sheet just in case the inner bag leaks some. Another idea is to vacuum seal the inner bag first, same idea but a permanent seal.

8. Pill bottle for sure

9. i use 35mm film canister

10. This was the choice of many in long ago times.... Glad to see it's still around!

11. glass jars mustard jar ect, vitamin c containers the ones that are in the cylinder and have that air tight (or atleast water tight) cap.

12. I was at the store today and saw a handheld vacuum sealer for $19 and 18 quart size bags were another $8. These bags are re-useable depending on what is stored in them. For this use, they look perfect. I will update when I know how they work out. I have some cana-cookies in one bag for now.

13. Like said i use pill bottles and film containers.
    The film containers cant allow light in so they stay air tight

14. Bro go to a savers and find a Fido Jar or just a regualr jar.

15. You can buy airtight jars [not mason, but similar] at walmart in the dishware isles for $2. I have bought 3 or 4 of them

16. Get some old prescription bottles. Wash them well to get any possible residue from the previous pills out. Dry it out well. And put stickers to label strain names and info on the weed. Its kinda like having your own weed library. "Ahh, I feel like a nice body buzz," *sorts through indica strains, picks one*.
    But that's just me being crazy OCD

17. some kid at my school used one, the drug dogs came, and didnt find his stash :devious: lol. Yay for airtight-ness.
    Yes, im 18 btw lol. ID and all.. just bad school experience, stuck in high school for an extra year ;c

18. They stink so bad once you open them!

19. I keep mine in a cleaned out pickled egg jar, and if anyone says it's not as good as a mason jar they are full of shit, a glass jar with rubber insert in the lid means you pot is perfect for years. :smoke: