Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Airport Security

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by FreeYourSoul, Jun 7, 2012.

1. Do the security belts have scanners that detect THC? I've always been worried that I can't fly with anything that has been touched by weed or has a tiny speck on it or shoes that have been used to put out a roach, etc.
    What do you think?

2. No. The things you should be worried about at the airport IF you have weed on you are drug dogs and random inspections.

3. [quote name='"Stat"']No. The things you should be worried about at the airport IF you have weed on you are drug dogs and random inspections.[/quote]

What about those body scanners? I'm assuming they can tell from those. And they can see what goes through the scanner, so wouldn't they know?

4. Like some sort of infrared weed detector?

5. lol no.

6. They get like a snapshot of your luggage, And it's black and white they aren't going to be like "Hey, That's Marijuana!" only real danger are the drug dogs, you rarely even see them anyway in an airport but you should always be cautious

7. I've personally taken weed through airport security (unintentionally, I packed something which I forgot had bud in it). That was in my checked luggage, and I know people who have taken it on their person (in the wallet, in their carry on bag, etc.). So no, scanners can't tell weed from the rest of your luggage, at least not in small quantities.

That said, it's still risky because of dogs and random bag checks.

8. Honestly its not hard to sneak a little through, not saying I have. But my belt doesn't make the alarms beep when I walk through the metal detector.. So I just keep my belt on. Could easily cut a seam and put some in. Like I said, I don't do it though.

There isn't something that "detects" thc at the airport other than a dog smelling weed. You wouldn't get in trouble if you had no weed, smell doesn't mean anything.

9. Buy a box of shotgun shells, open the crimped end, dump the shot out, fill with weed, win all day.

10. [quote name='"Mister Meaner"']Buy a box of shotgun shells, open the crimped end, dump the shot out, fill with weed, win all day.[/quote]

Lol that'll go over well.

11. Nope, not a single person in the entire country who smokes weed has ever flown on an airplane. If you have even touched weed for a second the scanners pick it up, and you are arrested on spot for attempting to smuggle cannabis.

Don't do it man, don't do it!!!!

:rolleyes:

12. The consequences will never be the same! :D

13. the new mandated cavity searches should make the line move faster....passengers are required to bring their own lube though...government is cutting cost ya know, they need to save money for more democracy spreading bombs...:p

14. DON'T FORGET THE LUBE.. OR ELSE

[​IMG]

15. [quote name='"GreenCrackYUM"']

Nope, not a single person in the entire country who smokes weed has ever flown on an airplane. If you have even touched weed for a second the scanners pick it up, and you are arrested on spot for attempting to smuggle cannabis.

Don't do it man, don't do it!!!!

:rolleyes:[/quote]

What I mean is, if a shoe or an item has residue in/on them, will they be able to tell?

16. In lots of Asian countries weed/drugs are completely forbidden by law (death penalty in some places). There have been several articles about people being arrested for miniscule amounts of weed, like .004 or less. If you are really worried about it I wouldn't go to those places. Research the drug laws of wherever you are going.

Don't go to Singapore - death penalty.

I'd say anywhere in the US you should be fine if its an extremely tiny amount (like a tiny leaf or speck of weed).

17. heheheheh death penalty over marijuana? just wow.

18. ^ yeah

It's not really funny though.

:hide:

19. The security check points in the airport do two things.
    1.) Check you 2.) Check your belongings
    When they check you, a metal detector is usually a standard, but they have switched over to the newer revolving machines that basically do an x-ray and show if anything is in your pockets or under your clothing. When they check your carry-on, it is the same concept.. The belt will basically give an x-ray image to the security officer who is working the monitor and will reveal any objects. That's all.

20. scanners that detect thc? no, they do not have those -.-
    I think the only thing to worry about is police dogs, but I've not once seen one at an airport (I am from the UK however)