Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

airport security and metal implants

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by sykotickilla, Apr 4, 2009.

1. I recently got an 8" steel and 10 screws put in me...i know im gonna set off the detector, so i gotta tell security that i have metal in me and tell em its in my ankle...will they fully pat me down and get all up in my junk or just wand me and tell me to keep moving? anyone with personal experience feedback would be greatly appreciated

2. They will just use the wand around your legs to confirm, and probably ask you to raise your pant leg up. Unless you walk in through there with a limp or make it obvious that you have had an injury, they will let you through if its a domestic flight. If its international, its gonna be tighter and they will search.

3. Yes, they will still search you.

4. its going to be domestic flight, but what ive been reading is that they will do the full on get up in your junk searches if you refuse to go through the metal detector since it may have a chance to fuck up metal devices within people...so i have no problem just walkiing through the metal detector after telling them i have metal and then point the area out....my dad who also has metal in his foot, he just got wanded and they let him go..my sister on the other hand who has a pacemaker they took her aside and she got fully searched on....so idk just dependso n the security

http://www.tsa.gov/press/happenings/enhanced_patdown.shtm

5. As the others already answered plus no they won't feel your balls if that's what you are worried about.

On a side note: Better don't turn 40+ years because you'll be facing far worse worries than "just" having your balls felt...;)

:)