Airport Full Body Scan/Grope Controversy

Discussion in 'General' started by notime4schwag, Nov 16, 2010.

1. I hope airports opt out, I can't imagine why they wouldn't...

Down with TSA!!

Amid airport anger, GOP takes aim at screening | Washington Examiner

That's what they want you to think. I don't like giving up any Constitutional rights though, sorry...

:(

2. Who has the money to fly anymore?
    It's been almost 10 years since I stepped on an airplane, and I don't plan to start anytime soon.

Burn-cruisin' is the way I roll.

3. The last time I flew out of Denver International, which was just over a week ago incidentally, I was asked to step out of line at the Metal Detector and stand at the Full Body Scanner. I looked at the TSA Agent and said, "I opt out. I will walk through the metal detector like I have been for the past fifteen to twenty years of my life, but I don't consent to the Body Scan." That's all I said.

She looked at me for a second and said, "Okay," picked the guy standing behind me for the scan, and sent me through the metal detector, which (guess what?) didn't go off. I was never pulled aside for a pat down and made it through to my gate easily enough.

Still, I'm sure this is a one in a million occurrence, as the innumerable stories you can find online will tell you that I was probably risking a one-way trip to a very dark room, but I really don't care.

I implore everyone to opt out of everything that they feel is unjust and/or a violation of their human rights, be that a borderline MRI at Airport Security or an anal-cavity search in a side office by a disgruntled government employee. Take it from Nancy Reagan, "Just say no."

4. #25 DV, Nov 16, 2010
    Last edited: Nov 16, 2010
    Well I'm sorry you didn't like my post. I don't really see what the big deal about
    it is. "That's what they want you to think", I don't have to think, I don't trust
    people. Plain and simple, I think it's fine for people to be checked, then again
    I don't travel through air a lot so I'm sure it's frustrating. At least they're trying
    to do something to protect us. You know never know when anyone in the world
    is going to go off the deep end, I think it's better to take all weapons out of
    the equation if we can. The simple fact of the matter is, you don't have some
    kind of security system in place, god knows what fucked up things could/would
    happen. Especially to us Americans...are you kidding? We're hated everywhere!

I still think people will just find anything to bitch about, with any kind of
    security system in place. :rolleyes:

Also I guess I see the word "violated" a lot in this thread, I don't ever feel violated
    when I go through an airport, but that's me. If people have had other bad experiences,
    or don't believe in it, I don't care, do what you gotta do to make yourself comfortable.

5. ddamnn i didnt know that.. guess i cant rubber band weed to my dick anymore lol.. looks like if i fly its goin up the ass

6. hell, if they'd let me I'd strip down and fly that plane naked.

7. #28 OhMyKush, Nov 17, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 17, 2010

^^Funny yet true.

These full body scanners are just a waste of money. The USA spread their security paranoia everywhere else.
    I dont want some dude to see me naked, thats just messed up.
    OR if I dont want some guy seeing me naked, I guess I can have some dude grope me...
    As a woman, I feel violated.

Yes, I feel violated. Sorry I dont feel comfortable having random people see me naked or groping me.

8. This thread isn't getting nearly the attention that it should.

Perhaps a move to the Politics section is in order? I'm sure this would be the perfect topic to be hashed out by some of the blades that frequent that area.

While Congress did propose a Bill last year that would eliminate the use of Full Body Scanners by the TSA, only a sustained, continuous public outcry against this level of invasion against our human rights can be expected to make a difference. Ron Paul has recently proposed HR 6416, also known as the Traveler's Dignity Act, that will ensure the TSA not be allowed to exercise this level of authority against citizens and travelers in this country.

Ron Paul Introduces HR 6416: The American Traveler Dignity Act

9. "He who sacrifices freedom for security deserves neither." -Ben Franklin

'nuff said.

10. A quote that will never tarnish with time.

11. the US governments thinks othewise:(

12. I would rather have a full body scan than someone get on the same plane with a bomb.

13. Let it be noted that these scans are not, I repeat, not effective against devices that are concealed within the human body.

Therefore, what's next? Where does it end? Cavity searching? How about a Chromotography Scan at the security checkpoint? Shit, that would actually be pretty nice. They could hire a Physician to sit with the TSA Agents and let you know that you might want to have your Pancreas checked out after you land in Dallas.

Regardless of how many terrorist attacks occur, or are attempted, we must never surrender our human right to privacy. If you look at the trending of the TSA's grasp on our airports since 2001, you will quickly notice that it has been on a continuously downward spiral and is only doomed to get worse unless we take this level of authority away from them.

14. I can understand the whole security policy, even tho the who grabbing the junk is a little excessive.

BUT the $10,000 fine because he denied is straight BULL SHIT!

15. shits getting out of hand.

16. just watch, another plane will blow up. and god only knows where we'll go from there. probably martial law.

oh well.. at least we had the 80s and 90s.

and a 10, 000 dollar fine??? fuck that shit.

17. I'm not sure if this is still the case, but he was also put on the No-Fly List pending an investigation into possible terrorist involvement on his part.

18. i wouldnt doubt that... he'll probably never fly again. which will be fine bc he wont have time to go anywhere anyway pending his extensive tax audit. actually they'll probably just take him to a secret prison, brainwash him, and give him a reality show.

19. As has already been stated, He who gives up freedom for security deserves neither.

Fucking /thread