Airline travel with vape pen

Discussion in 'General' started by Joy-smile-laugh, Sep 2, 2018.

1. I am sorry if this is a dumb question. I tried searching for an answer but couldn't find one. So, lets say I have a vape pen that I use for dry herbs. If I don't have anything in the pen and I've cleaned it thoroughly and have it in my checked bag, what are the chances it will be absconded by TSA? Please don't roast me if this has an obvious answer. I don't have a vape but thinking of getting one, and one top of that I'm still a novice to marijuana :oops:.

2. As long as there's no trace of thc you're good . It's a dry herb vape .

3. You would need to put it in your carry on bag. Ecig type devices aren't technically allowed in checked baggage because baggage areas are not pressurised with the cabin and that increases the risk of a battery fire.

"Battery-powered E-cigarettes, vaporizers, vape pens, atomizers, electronic nicotine delivery systems

These devices are battery powered and have a heating element that vaporizes liquid (that may or may not contain nicotine). These devices are prohibited in checked baggage and may only be carried in the aircraft cabin (in carry-on baggage or on your person). They may not be used or charged on the aircraft. When a carry-on bag is checked at the gate or planeside, all electronic cigarette and vaping devices, along with any spare lithium batteries, must be removed from the bag and kept with the passenger in the aircraft cabin."

4. Thanks, I appreciate you taking the time to look that up and post it for me.