Airfonzo Afghan Kush Ryder auto 170W CFL

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by Airf0nz0, May 21, 2012.

1. #1 Airf0nz0, May 21, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: May 22, 2012
    KK gonna have another go at growing. This time its Afghan Kush Ryder that I got as another freebie. Inside a 1x2x3' cabinet with 4 2700k 23W and 3 6000k 26W CFLs. I've got temps under control this time, and I planted right into the final grow pot. Also been careful not to knock the pot over multiple times like I did with the last one.

DAY 1
    Put the seed into soil Friday afternoon (18th) and it already sprouted this morning (Monday 21st). I have an inline fan, fan speed controller, and phresh filter on the way which should help drop temps even more (holding steady at 82 now instead of 106). Also ordered General Organics Go Box nutrients. Still need to get some ph strips.

Attached Files:

2. Subd!

Just a tip for watering.. I'll do 2 tbsp of water on day 1 and day 2.. then wait 2 days and give it about a 1/2 cup to a cup (depends on pot size) of water around the base. Double that amount for the next watering after 2-3 days drying.. and then your pretty well watering normal (30% runoff) after that..

3. Good lookin out, i'll do just that. I think I'm using a 1.5 gallon pot

4. I'd rather not see another lady go down!.. Any questions.. feel free to ask :D

5. lol thanks, any and all help appreciated.

DAY 2

Gave her a minuscule amount of water, snapped a pic, then back into the cabinet she went.

Attached Files:

6. #6 Airf0nz0, May 23, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: May 23, 2012
    DAY 3

Same routine as yesterday, small amount of water (about 1-1.5 tbsp, but i didn't measure so who knows) took pic, back into HQ. Starting to lean a little, will see how it is tomorrow and prop her up with twist tie if need be.

*edit
    Forgot to mention. I bought a Mosser Lee Soil Test Kit and the ph of the soil in the pot looks like its between 6 and 7. I can test the nitrogen, phosphorus, and potassium levels when need be.
    And last night I couldn't sleep so I was messing around with the fans and I finally got temps stable at 82. This is within a few inches of nearest cfl so rest of cabinet is even cooler. Going to keep all lights on with a 20/4 schedule.

Attached Files:

7. Damn man I just saw what happened with your other plant :(, major bummer!!

subbbedd

:bongin:

8. Bah i figured out how to read the ph correctly. It looks high, closer to 7.5.

9. Oh hey man, yea i know sucks. Live and learn, thats what this is all about. Checking out your journal now, was wondering when you were gonna update.

10. I admit, I haven't kept up as well as I'd like, and even less so now since I'll be headed outta town.

Oh and mine were looking so shitty for a couple weeks that I just didn't want anyone to see my tortured plants. I'm sure you can relate haha!

11. DAY 4

Did a lot of growing.

Attached Files:

12. DAY 5

Not sure if the purple stem is good or not. From what I've read its either healthy and genetics, or its a phosphorous deficiency. I got the General Hydro pH control kit and a digital pH meter (ordered Wednesday, shipped thursday, arrived today holy crap!) Will start working on balancing out to the correct pH, just hope I don't fuck it up in the process.

Attached Files:

13. Aww so cute! lol

That stem looks normal as the plant looks healthy otherwise. I wouldn't worry about it. I also wouldn't worry about trying to balance the ph right now either. It's still just a baby so you don't wanna do to much to stress it. I say if the plant looks good you don't need to change any thing. I have a meter which ended up being a waste of money because I never check my PH lol.

14. Good advice Billa. Was gonna try to balance out the pH for tomorrows watering but wasn't sure about it since its still so young. I checked the pH of the soil today using a meter that said 6.7 and a water drop test that came close to same result so I will just keep doing what I've been doing. Just paranoid from the last attempt so I'm probably going a little over kill this time.

15. DAY 6

Leaves are beginning to curl up. Was going to add 1/4 cup water per Freegrows advice but i will hold off for now until I can diagnose the problem. The soil is still moist so I think it will be alright for now.

Attached Files:

16. [quote name='"Airf0nz0"']DAY 6

Leaves are beginning to curl up. Was going to add 1/4 cup water per Freegrows advice but i will hold off for now until I can diagnose the problem. The soil is still moist so I think it will be alright for now.[/quote]

Yeah chill man your baby looks great ;)

17. What kind of soil are u using airfonz?

18. I'm using Schultz Garden Safe organic soil Garden Safe

19. DAY 7

Not sure what to think. Soil still moist, but top layer is just now starting to dry out. Color still looks healthy, even the original baby leaves, but 1st leaves are starting to curl up, 2nd set kind of drooping down. Continuing to grow, so i don't know. Gonna lower it from the lights a bit, with the leaves curling up they are getting a lil too close for comfort.

Attached Files:

20. DAY 8

Color was still good today (as in no nute burn) so i decided to check the temp again. Hitting 86, probably even higher with the doors shut for a few hours. I've redone the entire cooling. I finally put my in-line fan to work, going to hook up the phresh filter after this post. Temps are at 79 right now, i'll see where they hit with the phresh filter. My cabinet has absolutely no room with carbon scrubber and ducting, barely any room to grow.

Attached Files: