Airf0nz0 Pineapple Chunk

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by Airf0nz0, Nov 13, 2012.

1. Lollipopping is cutting everything from the bottom 1/3 of the plant so the plant looks like a lollipop. Point being so the plant focuses all attention on the top 2/3 where the plant is getting the most light.

2. Exactly, basically your cutting off anything that will end up being popcornish nug's and never get light down below the top canopy. The bud's at the top will end up getting bigger because it doesn't have to put any energy into tho's small bud sites at the bottom.

3. Wondering if that is something that I should do. I specifically bought lights to go under the plants to give the under growth light from below, the reflector does a really good job in getting the llight everywhere.

4. It has a lot to do with the growth being concentrated twoards the top of the plant and thos top colas, which get the most growth.

5. ^Exactly. If you have lights for the undergrowth I wouldn't worry about lollipop

6. ^ i disagree, lollipopping is a great way to get fat ass buds. its like smoke said, its more to concentrate growth to the buds that are left, so instead of getting 30 buds that weigh .5g each you end up with 10 buds that weigh 5g each, if he already has lights for undergrowth he can still use them, all they will do is suppliment a little higher than he was going to originally place them. just my opinion anyway. everyones setup and needs and growing style is different.

7. Think I might try lollipopping on a couple plants and then a couple without and test the results and see how it looks after harvest.

8. Yep, decice how you like to do it, that is what it's all about man.

9. ^I should also note that I am against trimming unless otherwise necessary like not enough light for lower buds. I agree that everyone has to find their own technique, different things work for different people.

10. Day 40

Haven't noticed any pistils yet but it shouldn't be much longer before flowering has officially started.

I fed today with full strength veg nutes and 1 1/4 strength CaMg. I didn't add the other nutes and this is first time I used full strength grow nutes so I hope it doesn't burn up.

I wasn't going to but I decided to do one last lst, kind of worried I might run out of head room before harvest. Unless I start trimming leaves I don't think I can do any more, not much space. Next time I water i'll move around the fan leaves and tuck them away so that most of the nodes can get light.

Like I said I wasn't going to lst so I don't have a before pic. This after lst pic looks like a chaotic mess of a jungle so I circled all the bud sites that i could see to give you all some idea of whats going on. There are a few more that can't be seen from the pics.

Attached Files:

11. I've been watching your grow from the rafters like sting or batman.

*swoops down*

Your lst is going great and once you open up that canopy a bit and take off leaves that are blocking budsites, that thing is going to explode!

12. Holy shit i remember Sting. That was prime time for my watching wrestling days. My hero was Steve Austin. I don't watch it anymore but wow, that was cool that you mentioned him, Sting i mean. He was a cool motherfucker.

anyway..thanks man, yea next time i water i'm gonna chop some of these leaves off. Most of them are tucked under other leaves and doing no good. I need to be careful though, i don't want a hermi.

13. Goldbergggggg!

14. Do you smell what I'm cookin? Don't make me Austin 3:16 your ass you jabronies

15. unfortunately im gonna put growing off till spring, and in the mean time save up for a good sized HID setup and just supplement with the cfl's, probly gonna use sheet rock and 2x2's to build up a little room into the corner of the master bedroom, kinda like a walk in closet for growing lol, gonna build it with ventilation in mind though, and if i ever move can sheet rock ans spackle and paint over the vents and just increase my homes value with a walk in closet for the master bedroom xD

16. Merry Christmas fonz!... and all others who follow this thread.

17. ^You too brother, and everyone else as well. Merry Christmas!

18. That kind of sucks but it will be better in the long run. I can tell you are really putting some thought into it. Have you seen what great kitsune did to the corner of his room? You should check it out if you haven't.

19. Day 43/1 Flower

Christmas Update! Finally saw pistils today so its officially in flower and its definitely growing like it is. I'm trying to keep it close to the lights but its growing so fast it just keeps growing into them. If all goes right I should be harvesting late February.

Going to clean up some of the leaves in a couple days when i water. A couple of them are dying, and a bunch of them just are doing anything. Will try do it over a few days so it doesn't shock plant too bad. Getting a hermie is my biggest concern. I know I've said i'm against trimming but I think a little general maintenance is only going to help.

Anyways hope you all had/are having a good Christmas, or at least a good day off.

Attached Files:

20. Merry Christmas! Glad to see everything is still on track.