Airbrushing

Discussion in 'The Artist's Corner' started by JKill, Mar 14, 2020.

1. Just wondering if there are any current members who have experience airbrushing?

Just picked up a setup and starting to learn.

thanks

2. I was given an air brush air compressor, and am thinking of buying an inexpensive air brush etching setup, just to give it a try.. I seen some examples at the Sat. swap meet... The guy made enough money to show up every Sat.. Not any more with this CV19.

• Like Like x 1
  3. #3 mytwhyt, Apr 14, 2020
    Last edited: Apr 14, 2020
    I'm not much of a painter, so I decided to spend 20$ more and got an air brush for etching, with a larger grit capacity.. The gravity feed one needs to be loaded more often.. I'm just lazy, and cut corners when I can.. This one can etch glass and metal, but cannot be used for paint. For me that's a plus so I wont be tempted to try..

I'm sure there are members here who can use an air brush.. They just need to put their phone down, and pick up their air brush and paints. Too many games out there wasting peoples time.. And I do mean wasting it..

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  4. Have you had the chance to dabble with it?

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 1
  5. not yet.

waiting for some warm weather to learn how to use it outside,
    with my luck i'd end up with paint all over the place haha.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  6. I've heard some pretty lame excuses, and that one's right up there with them.. How big of a mess do you think you could make with a small air brush? Besides, if you make a mess, cleaning it up will give you something else to do.. Try painting some face masks.. I'm surprised i haven't seen any painted ones yet.. It would sure get your work out there for people to see...
    I received the airbrush in the picture.. Ordered 6# more of aluminum oxide abrasive, and I also received 8mil vinyl resist for stencils.. Still waiting for the stencil transfer paper I ordered.. I'll post some test runs with my first stencil attempts in my projects thread... Looking for a cool down of the weather here, It's only going to be in the mid 80s*f today.. That's 10 degrees cooler than yesterday..

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  7. #7 JKill, May 15, 2020
    Last edited: May 15, 2020
    well... obviously I wouldnt know right? I've NEVER used one...why the FUCK would I spray paint inside my house, when I could just wait a few weeks for warmer weather and do it then?

probably the most retarded shit I've seen anyone post all day

I'm not trying to "get my work out there"???
    I picked up an airbrush so i could airbrush my models. and i'm pretty happy with the results for tabletop ready.
    NG.jpg
    is that okay with you?

okay? COOL! :)

its -15 here

My Team and I won a 500$ tournament last Saturday night, in an hour.
    but according to you thats a waste of time right?

• Informative Informative x 1
  8. I Don't have any Experience doing it my Self but IK People who do an I have some Air Brushed Shirts that I Wear from them Sometimes too. I Respect anyone who can Paint in any way tbh.

~Toni~

• Like Like x 1
  9. I take it you just mean the base coat?
    Nice hobby man. My auld man done that for a bit with these wee WW soldiers n stuff. Folk pay scary money for we tiny hand painted things like.

• Winner Winner x 1
  10. yeah, base coat, and the off white highlighting I used the airbrush as well.
    Paintbrush/drybrush for everything else.

the hobby can be expensive at times for sure, the hours of effort and thought that go into painting/building army lists/ and of course playing games/tournaments against other people, kinda make the price seem justifiable...kinda

hahaha

thanks brother.

• Like Like x 1
  11. what game???

I got into WH when I was younger. Got a big set bought for me on my birthday, spent god knows how long hand painting each. Went to a WH shop for like a learn to play. On my way home left the whole set on the bus and gave up immediately.. I’ve always had that stoner brain lol

• Like Like x 1
  12. I play some War Hammer 40k.

but lately everyone in my area seems to be switching to KoW (Kings of War),which is like a medieval fantasy type game, and its WAY more affordable than WarHammer or the GamesWorkshop models, like HALF the price more affordable. the other cool thing about KoW is if your a former WH player, all of the models are usable in KoW they just need to be re-based to fit the rules.

had my first KoW game last Thursday against another local player. Social distanced of course. lol

Fun! :) hahha

• Like Like x 1
  13. noice! what about the 500 win. Was that this or console? I’m thinking maybe your a real good warzone or fortnite player or something. I’m gonna jump back on one when I finished rd.