Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Air purifier for smoking indoors?

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by BurtonSnow, Nov 30, 2015.

1. Hello everyone, does anyone have a good recommendation on some type of air purifier that filters MMJ smoke? I live by myself and really have nothing to hide, but I am just tired of opening my window to air out the room I smoke in in my house. I hate just leaving the window closed because I feel like it just lingers forever unless I crack my window for 20-30 mins.

I've seen some filters online that are like $400-500, but they are more targeted towards cigarette smokers smoking indoors often. I would figure for just a small room thats 10 x 11 there has to be an affordable solution.

Any thoughts?

2. #2 jainaG, Nov 30, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 30, 2015
  3. #3 Fuck Dope, Nov 30, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 30, 2015
    Any filter you buy with an actual.. filter medium.. will get permeated by the smell, and after a couple weeks will in fact blow the smell back into the room when you turn it on.

Unless you want to buy expensive filters constantly, i suggest getting a good ionic filter.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/IONIC-PRO-ELECTROSTATIC-AI...

Something like that would be excellent, however bigger is better.

Speaking from the experience of smoking lots of ganja, cigars, cigarettes, and hookah daily in my NON smoking apartment for one year, and when I left there was absolutely no smell after leaving it on for a week or so.

Ionic filters actually produce ions of ozone that float through the air and even clean the smell of of surfaces. They're pretty neat.

4. A small 4" can-lite filter running on one of my grow boxes actually keeps my entire basement smelling crisp and clean, and I smoke around mine. They last for years too, if I was serious about ventilating a man cave/smoking area, I'd hook up a fan and filter combo to a switch or timer.

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote' >There are two really good ways to use the CAN combos.
    The first is as a 'polishing' filter where you put the connected fan and the filter into the same area together. By drawing air through the filter repeatedly in a closed area, it will effectively keep the air in that area free of odors.This is how they use CAN filters in airplanes, and in other closed environments.</blockquote>

• Like Like x 1
  5. Smoke outside, vape inside. We made a nice spot with a heater in our storage shed.

Getting a good filter is costly and will require a lot of filter changing. Not worth it.

Buy a vape.......

6. You could buy a simple extraction fan with a ducting kit. the same kits that people install to get air out of the bathroom. That would do the trick and there's no filter so you won't have it clogging up.

Sent from my SM-G900FD using Grasscity Forum mobile app

7. #8 BrewsnWeed666, Nov 25, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 5, 2020

OP is two years old..

8. You're getting disagrees because you're clearly plugging your website/blog here to get views/hits..

9. #11 helpadvisors, Feb 5, 2020
    Last edited: Feb 5, 2020
    This forum is spam.

• Funny Funny x 1
  10. :rolleyes:

OK

Quote -
    [​IMG]
    helpadvisors
    I'm short and sweet :)

And Murray says the lie detector says that was a lie.

• Winner Winner x 1
  11. this thread is fucked up lol bunch of ads :smoke:

12. Hi everybody, does anybody have a decent suggestion on some sort of air purifier that channels MMJ smoke? I live without anyone else and truly have nothing to cover up, however I am simply worn out on opening my window to let some circulation into the room I smoke in my home. I disdain simply leaving the window shut on the grounds that I have an inclination that it just waits always except if I split my window for 20-30 mins.

I've seen a few channels online that resemble $400-500, however they are more focused towards cigarette smokers smoking inside regularly. I would figure for only a little room that is 10 x 11 there must be a reasonable arrangement.