Air pots roots growing through the sides and out the holes???

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by Dj Rezin, Aug 8, 2019.

1. Air pots roots growing though the sides and out the holes???

These plants are only just over 1ft not been in these pots long but yet all my 10x 25L air pots have roots growing through the holes an out the sides. Some of them are like a foot long dangling down the side of the pods what is going on first time ever using airpots has anyone else experienced this?

Sent from my SM-G955F using Grasscity Forum mobile app

2. I have never used them personally...but know it happens.

I think they tend to air prune themselves pretty well

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. #3 GoldGrower, Aug 9, 2019
    Last edited: Aug 9, 2019
    I think that's the whole idea of them. It's so the pot doesn't get so root bound. Seems counterintuitive to me, I want as much rootball as possible, I wouldn't want to prune any roots unless I was making a bonsai tree

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Oh really okay cool thanks for the reply guys

• Like Like x 1
  5. Should I break the roots off that are coming through the holes or should I just let them hang down the side of the pot it just looks weird is all lol like a long piece of spaghetti

• Funny Funny x 2
  6. I think people just leave them dry up, but if you wanted to cut them off it would probably be better having a clean cut

• Like Like x 1
  7. I can't see how the roots could be that long unless you're keeping them moist somehow. When I grow in coco I use them and I wouldn't use anything else.
    2 weeks from sprout in the 1ltr air pot.
    Transplant 2 wks.JPG

• Winner Winner x 1
  8. Id let them grow

Sent from my SM-J727P using Tapatalk

• Winner Winner x 1
  9. If you want to keep them alive, transplant to a larger pot. If you are satisfied with the size of your plant you can prune them yourself, or let the air prune them. 1 foot long could be a record. Root tips are desired. Calcium needs a good root tip to get into the plant. Not sure it really cares how long the root is.

10. Please see Avatar

• Funny Funny x 1
  11. I call BS and request a picture please...

:love-mj:

• Funny Funny x 1
  12. Help Wanted: Must be outgoing and energetic.

13. Skip me

14. Perfect thanks for the advice guys much appreciated and yes my routes are generally as long as a foot some of them I will upload pictures later today