Air Pots...any Good

Discussion in 'Growing Organic Marijuana' started by bigc29, May 18, 2013.

1. My soil is finished cooking next week, so its almost time...i was looking at the air pots at the hydro store. anyone try these..guy at the shop says there the best :confused:

2. Yes they are good. Look at noobwannb 's thread. That's how I've been growing for a while now. Best thing since sliced bread!

3. +1 for mosesnumb saying to go the noobwannb route. I'm never going back! I have a set of 5 or 6 5gal air pots just collecting dust. Smarties in perlite = amazing! 

4. Trust me you don't want to go with Ms.Noobs route. Plants are always healthy. Properly watered. Grow big fat stinky buds. It's just a major pain in the ass. There is always sooo much bud it just becomes a hassle.

I'm just fucking wit ya

5. If you're putting the plants outside with the airpots you'll notice they dry out super quick.
    When that happens its pretty annoying to get the soil wet again because the water will pool a bit on the top and then drain out the sides where all the holes are. Epic pain in the ass if you top dress and create a bit of a crust along the way.
    I bought two last year and won't be buying anymore. This summer i'm going to try using the big circular totes that walmart sells, come with rope handles.

6. I use them indoors but I wouldn't use them outside, they do dry out fast. As for the drain holes sometimes I plug the first row or two from the top down. Outdoors I would use grow bags, they have tan ones now that are supposed to stay about 10 degrees cooler then the black ones but cost a little bit more but not a lot. If you put them together wrong you end up with drain holes right near the top edge. The drian holes closest to the edge are supposed to be at the bottom.

7. Correction. Air pots are not smart pots. Air pots have holes covering their entire surface.

8. Yep, smart pots are made out of a thick cloth and air pots are made of plastic.