Air Pockets In Glass Of Water Pipe

Discussion in 'Smoking Accessories Q&A' started by ReeferChiefer420, Jun 21, 2014.

1. So I bought a new piece from a local headshop recently and it works fine and everything but I just noticed what seems to be air pockets in the glass of the piece along where it curves upward

I'm thinking the air pockets would make the bong more likely to break in this place

Also I'm wondering if putting this bong in the fridge would cause stress on where the air pockets are due to the constant expansion and contraction of the air inside

Thank you

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

2. Also i took a picture of the piece
    The damage goes all the way around to the other side but looks more like a crease on the other side ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1403339348.871637.jpg

3. yeah it will be weaker there. Just be careful with it.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

4. Lots of glass has tiny bubbles in it. Most blowers will say if an air bubble is larger than this then we won't sell it. Don't worry about it affecting how the piece smokes. It's more likely to break there but I'm sure you're not planning to drop it or break it. Just take care of it and you'll be fine.

5. Yep better throw it away and get a new one.

6. Chillin

7. How long have you had it? Can you go back to the glass blower or headshop and tell then? Chances are you'll be just fine.

Sent from my iPad using Grasscity Forum

8. They have actually gone out if business so I couldn't go back

9. You could almost ask any glassblower to look at it

Sent from my iPad using Grasscity Forum