Air Outtake/Heat Signatures Question

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by MasonJar, Nov 24, 2009.

1. Hey I'm just curious about hot air outtake in a closet grow. I always hear about how police can spot out hot air shooting out of houses very easily with there high tech infrared so Im just wondering...

Say I was living in a rented apartment and I wanted to start a classic grow closet(split the closet in half ;bottom for vegging,top for flowering/cloning you know the deal) Well Im just wondering...if cops can spot hot air outtakes OUTSIDE of the houses really easily and theres no attic to shoot the hot air into where do you redirect the air? Is it possible to just put two oscilating fans in the closet(one on the bottom one on the top)and leaving it alone? Or do you ABSOLUTELY need an air duct to redirect the air out of the closet? Im so confused!

2. You need actual ventilation, which is the exchanging of the air for fresh air. So yes, you need to exhaust air out (and have fresh air intake). Just blowing the same stale, hot air around in one place doesn't do anything.

3. Thanks for clearing that up man!

Still confused on one thing though... If you didn't have an attic to exhaust the air into, and you didn't want to take the risk of directing the air out a window outdside would it be wise to exhaust the air from the closet out INTO THE ROOM? I was thinking of using an air purifier and possibly deoderizers to neutralize the pungent smell. Would this work or would the smell just be too overwhelming?

4. Yes, you can exhaust your air right into the room. Usually means you won't have to crank the heat in the winter time.

Just make sure you have a carbon filter attached to your exhaust fan, so the fan is pulling air through the filter and then pushing the clean air out, and you're good.

I wouldn't risk NOT having a carbon filter unless you knew for sure that the strain you're producing isn't that stinky. Even then, why risk it? Invest the extra cash and have an extra layer of protection.

5. Thanks for the response man! This shit has been puzzling me for awhile now. Im guessing if there is even any smell after the carbon filter addition you could get rid of it with insence or other air purifier type deals.Very helpful, thanks.:D

6. I wouldn't worry too much about heat signatures from a closet grow. The heat output from a closet grow would be no different than from an air conditioner or clothes dryer.

7. Thanks 4 the help man!:)

The only other potential problem I can see arising from a closet grow is if your living in a RENTED apartment, anybody know if its sketchy to do it when u don't actually own the apartment? I remember reading about it on a different thread but i cant seem to find it.