Air National Guard

Discussion in 'General' started by burton212, Jan 9, 2012.

1. Does anyone here have any personal experience with it?

I am highly considering it for the benefits that you receive.

Some of the major benefits are:
    free college tuition
    around $850 every month while in college
    training in a particular field
    looks great on job resume

The only downside is that it is a minimum 6 year commitment and no drug use is tolerated. I would be taking a huge tolerance break. Although, with the money I would make and SAVE, i would plan to move to Cali after my six years and i could smoke till my hearts content.:bongin:

Any opinions?

2. i could never allow myself to become a pawn of the military, our government if far too corrupt

3. This is true.

On the other hand, I can't imagine myself in four years with tons of debt and no job.

4. What about no life? You really want to go and fight in a plane that one hit could take you down?

Your life, not mine...but think about that.

5. I would most likely never go fight, especially in a plane. All the Guard really entails is working at the base for one weekend each month, which i would get paid for.

Thank you for your opposition, which is what I am looking for in order to make the right decision. If it was more likely I would go fight, I would not join.

6. #6 Wellthatsgroovy, Jan 9, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 9, 2012
    Never sign up for the military assuming you won't have to go to war and kill and enemies try to kill you. That is what your number one job in the military is..

Don't join if you don't want to fight.. My ex was in the military for 4 years he went to war lost 11 comrades his first month of deployment. He also thought he wouldn't have to go to war wouldn't get deployed cause the recruiter said so.. Sure enough orders came down for Afghanistan immediately following basic and first duty station assignment. You are owned by the government and your job is to go to war. Fact. Assume you will go to war, constantly. If you are fine with that then join....