air force questions

Discussion in 'General' started by jimmie, Apr 24, 2009.

1. my son(15) wants to be a aerospace engineer for the air force. im wanting to know what should he be doing now to prepare for this future career?

2. take all the math and physics courses he can take in high school..then apply to the air force academy when he graduates comes out as officer instead of toilet scrubber...or go to a aeronautical colege (embry riddle in daytona florida) major in aerospace engineering then enlist in the air force...

3. Why don't you contact a representative from the Air Force? I'm sure he would know more than a forum of marijuana users...

;)

4. i personally would not talk to any recruiters, they will over exagerate and spew a lot of bullshit just to get your son in their branch..recruiters get $$$bonuses for recruiting

5. Yeah he definitely needs to take all the math and science classes that he can right now. Then he needs to either apply to the air force academy, or go to college and major in engineering. Also if he actually wants to design aircraft as an aerospace engineer then joining the air force wouldn't be the best path, because the military doesn't design or really build any of their own equipment anymore its all contracted out to the private sector.

6. Untrue. They only do this when attempting to recruit. But if you talk to a local rep, let him know that your son IS INTERESTED, he will surely tell you what he can do now to prepare. This is a path his son wants to take, so any info they can give him would obviously be useful.

7. :poke:

this is not the forum to be asking.