Air fans on a timer?

Discussion in 'Security' started by DixeyNormous, Sep 20, 2011.

1. Hey there community, ok so this is my first grow and I'm building a stealth pc grow box, what I need to know because I can't find it anywhere is: Do the cooling and exhaust fans need to be on 24/7 or do they follow the same guideline as the lights 18/6 and 12/12 ? Meaning can I put them on the same timer controlling the lights?

2. You may get some odor leaking out if your not venting through a filter during lights out. I assume your using some odor control like a filter which won't be filtering without negative pressure. In my experience they seem to smell the must just before lights on.

3. Yes, I am using a carbon filter for odor control on the exterior panel of the exhaust. What I am asking, Do the fans need to run 24/7 even when the lights are out?

4. As long as your temps are right with the cooling fan and light off, I don't really think it should be necessary to keep it on.
    Exhaust Fan? If its hooked to your carb filter I'd keep it on so you still have your negative pressure and are free of odor leaks.

But I'm still learning.. So don't quote me. Just my opinion.

5. Definitely using a carbon filter for odor control on the exhaust fan, but you think i should have it on it's own power supply, so I can leave it on 24/7 and just use the same timer for the intake fans and lights?

6. Leaving on 24/7 won't be a problem as long as the intake air isn't to cold at night.

7. I have tried both ways and found that the humidity would go up when the fan was off.... where I'm at if you don't control the humidity you will end up with mold... it's easier and safer for me to just leave the fan running 24/7...

8. Ok, thanks for the advice. I will be keeping the fans on 24/7.

9. Besides once they start to flower the will want constant fresh air