Air Diffusion Vs. Air Stones

Discussion in 'Hydroponic Growing' started by NotoriousHippie, Jul 6, 2018.

?

Best Preferred Air for roots

1. Ceramic Air stones.

1 vote(s)
    50.0%
  2. Diffusion Rings

1 vote(s)
    50.0%
  3. Just go with the regular stones.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Other, Read my post below.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. This is a quick question and the reason for my making new threads everytime is Technology changes almost every day most threads are a bit outdated. Tbone has already given me allot of the information i need figured id get more suggestions before deciding as everyone has there own way of growing. So i can never hear too much information on the subject.

So my setup

x2 - 5 gal Buckets
    x1 - 571 Gal air pump

What i am confused about and want opinions about

------Option 1-------
    (Ceramic) air stones - I was told these blow regular air stones out the water. - But if this link to options i cant find them on Amazon?

--------Option 2 ---------------------
    Air diffusion rings: I like this but not sure what size ring is for my bucket maybe 8in?
    EcoPlus Water Wind Micro Bubble Air Diffuser Ring 8 in (12/Cs) | 50% Off Discount Hydroponic Supplies

Any suggestions? thanks a ton.

2. Sure there are those that dive into the first of hi tech anything

only to fail time and time again

don't get me wrong

just think of all them growers

that lined up for the first of the Chinese LEDS at a gross 1.5 watt an led

better to wait until all is confirmed

we ain't buying pc's or blue rays here

Good Luck

ps for the cause I'm a traditionalist hence... pass the pumice please

3. I use a ceramic air stone I got from AMAZON.

A "permanent" air stone, these do not dissolve like the others.

4. Thank you this is Exactly! What i was recommended just could not find it

5. Look up red frog compost teas on eBay. He makes 9” diffusers made for 5 gallon buckets for DWC.

6. His listing say 571GPH pump thats what i have would i need x1 pump for each diffuser? i have x2 buckets or do you think the Ceramic air stones are better?

7. I use an active air two outlet pump. I’m at work now so you’ll have to look up specs.

8. That pump works fine for one of those rings?

9. Yes

10. I dont do hydro. i do keep fish now air stone or rings that crested bigger bubbles are good for giveing fish dissovled o2 in the water and giving the surface ripple.
    Ceramic or even wood airstones can create tiny tiny bubbles this will increase the surface area for o2 and increase dissolved o2.
    Now for fish tiny bubbles sticking to them or in there gills is actully going to kill them so there not good for main tank but good in sumps as long as the tiny bubbles have dissapated before entering main tank but again these do create a saturated o2 supply so for your palnts id imagin a micro bubbler would give good amount of o2 to the roots.
    Unles you just talking abiut standard ceramic plates like the big ish ones that make it look as though you water is boiling again these are fine too as long as ya pump is beefy enough.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Grasscity Forum mobile app

11. I was going to suggest a wooden air stone. I used to make biodiesel and used wooden stones to help "wash" my fuel. Bubbles were small and plentiful.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk