Air Defense systems being shut down?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by hoboleader, Jan 28, 2013.

1. according to this website, there was an email sent out from an exelis employee saying the air defense systems for the southern border will be shut down on march 15th.

Do not know how legit it is.

Obama Closing Air Defense System on U.S./Mexico Border: Texas & America Vulnerable to Attack from Low Altitude Missiles and Aircraft | Texas GOP Vote

texasgopvote.com, seems like quite the biased website, but the particular article has grabbed my curiosity.

Seems like were cutting back on our defensive capabilities, to pay for our offensive capabilities. TARS - These radar balloons, are used to detect low flying aircraft/missiles, but primarily used to counter drug smuggling.

I dont know if its because they have some more expensive newer shit there gonna implement instead, or what, so not enough information to say. If anyone has more info, post it.

2. With all the talks about the Feds working with the Sinoloa(however its spelled ) cartel I wouldn't be surpised if it was shut down so a BIG shipment can come across. Just speculation, nothing to back it up.

3. They probably replaced them with something higher tech and more costly. UAVs or dedicated satelites, who knows with big brother. I doubt it's for less spending though.

4. lets the drugs though, i have a feeling they used the terrorist attacks of 911 as a reason for more funding for themselves anyways

5. Ya but, when the debt ceiling stuff happened, automatic cuts went into the defense budget. So they did cut spending. Who knows which programs they cut, this could have been one of them. But like you said It could be they cut it because they have more UAV's or better Satellites now.

6. whatever is flying it, the technology is just amazing! I have seen live test flights of UAVs, nothing destructive, typical following some car or a man sweeping. You can read the license or tell that it was a 6'ish white guy in a red shirt with a black broom. What I found the most shocking was when the footage zoomed out! The camera was 25k+' in the air, like 5 miles away, not even close to overhead. Nobody has a prayer for secrecy, privacy any more. If they want to see, you'll never even know they saw it. And at the ranges they are away, those angles allow for some crazy penetration, I'm sure they can look right in my windows while I sit here typing. My monitors are aimed away, my curtains pulled so the sky can't see in, and I type on this shitty HTTP connection :( For shame GS for shame!
    Sorry, I'm the paranoid type in all facets of life!

7. Wait until the citizens of this country have their own drones then things will get interesting. Soon the technology will get cheaper and people will be able to afford to build their drones.

8. Armed Drones Could Target President: Former U.S. Intelligence Chief

9. Baware the ides of march

10. You can already build your own if you have to know-how.

Most things even high tech things can be crafted at home. The problem is that sometimes yyou need expensive equipment :(

11. Don't you worry. Your local police dept is authorize to use UAVs for whatever they like too. Technically they need warrant, and some money but I'm sure plenty will abuse this even further.

12. its could be a matter of time before someone builds a drone at home and equips it with a pistol or something. Would be innaccurate as hell, but you could still kill a few people if you were good with the controls. Be able to control it at a range of like 5 miles away if you have the right antennae setup and laptop. Ud probably get away with it to if you dont leave much of a paper trail, and do it in another state.

Id like to build my own drone one day, but for a different purpose - small cargo UAV. input the money (donation), output weed, vice versa. (under an ounce and within the bounds of WA state law).

Paradrop the weed over my place and land it in the runway, would be completely unnecessary but quite badass.

however if i was a crazed master genius, I would build a drone that specializing in shooting down other drones. And id blow the police drones out of the sky, in a dystopic 2025 future.