Air cooled 600w

Discussion in 'Grow Room Design/Setup' started by Blooming Idiot, Sep 6, 2012.

1. #1 Blooming Idiot, Sep 6, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 6, 2012
    Just upgraded to a 600w hps in a secret jardin 120 with a euro reflector and dam its hot in there! Been 32 through the night with lights on.

Im using a 4inch extractor fan running through a filter and using passive intake through ducting and an oscillating fan inside which is creating some killer neg pressure

Would I get away with adding a cooltube/hood as follows or would I need a stronger fan to pull out the extra heat from the tube..

Carbon filter --- 4" Fan --- CoolTube/Hood --- Ducting and out

Really dont have anymore plug sockets to run extra fans as I have DP90 setup for veggies =[

And also would a cooltube be my best option or one of the air cooled hoods with better light distribution.

Thanks in advance for your input ;)

2. I run a 400 cfm exhaust fan for my 430 watt HPS. It goes intake (soon will be a carbon filter just waiting for it to arrive) - 4 inch duct - hood - 6inch 400cfm exhaust fan - ducting out side with a 6 inch passive intake into the grow room. I find air moves better when it is pulled and not pushed. If you plan on using a carbon filter I would up the fan to at least a 6" 400cfm (assuming your 4inch fan produces around 200cfm). Just my two cents!