Air cool

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by Flannigan, May 29, 2023.

1. If you are using your inline fan to push air across your light to cool them where would you advise putting the carbon filter? Before the fan? Or after the light? Inside or outside the tent? Thanks

Sent from my LGL322DL using Grasscity Forum mobile app

2. I would go this route. Filter->air tube-> fan (in or out, but better out to keep it cooler).

• Like Like x 2
  3. Thanks for your reply Trojan

• Like Like x 1
  4. Ok my friend . Carbon filter inside the tent . Fan connect to the carbon. Fan pulls air through the carbon filter .
    That air blows through the light and out the tent .

Option two . For situations that are gammed pack tent .
    Carbon filter outside the tent . The fan connects to the carbon. The fan will be blowing into the carbon.
    Air is pull from the light that sucks air from the tent .
    Option two is only for (((((((( reversable carbon filters ))))))). If its not reversable do not do it . It will destroy that carbon filter .
    Most high end carbon filters you can use both ways . Both will work just as well as the other .
    Option three . Go in burn a blunt and breath all the second hand mature buds . WOW ! iM FEELING GOOD . Go hit a gram dab hit . Funn.

• Like Like x 1
  5. upload_2023-5-29_17-18-9.png
    This method runs the warm air (that is in the tent) thru the filter, across the light, and out the tent, hopefully outside your home, or maybe inside during the winter if you don't have a humidity problem (?)
    To me this method seems the most efficient. Keep the air coming into the tent cool by either drawing air from outside (if it's cool outside) or using an A/C or mini split (if you are wealthy enough).

You can see what I meant by keeping the fan outside the tent (instead of in the tent).

• Like Like x 2
  6. Thanks man. I have an air conditioning unit but it's going to be a tent inside a bedroom.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Thanks Bryan

• Like Like x 1
  8. That's the way I did before I was just wondering if there was a better way. This way creates negative pressure if im not mistaken where the tent walls suck in?

• Like Like x 1
    • Like Like x 1
  9. if you are only using the one fan for exhaust, then yes. Is this a problem? If the air is clean (in the room) and cool, then I don't see a problem. I rarely run an intake fan in my own tents, but I will incorporate a temperature sensitive (+hepa) to draw from outside in a couple months or so. But that's only going to turn on when the temps get too high...

• Like Like x 1
  10. I never had a problem with negative pressure either. I'm just reading that positive is supposed to be better but I don't think it's that much a difference and negative works conveniently for me but thanks for explaining

• Like Like x 1