air cool tube hood setup help!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Grow Room Design/Setup' started by aawbigslim, Jan 8, 2011.

1. Hi I am considering upgrading to 4- 1000 watt lights wiht the air cooled tube hood. Now how would one hook all 4 up? Should I connect all 4 and then vent, if so what kind of fan do i use to vent? or should i hook up two together and vent, if so what fans should i use to vent. Or should i hook up a fan to each light, if so what fan should i use to vent, also if i have all this hooked up do i still need my inline fan with two carbon filters hooked up as well. or do I use these hoods hooked up as ventiliation can i hook up my carbon filter to the hood, How would you hook up 4 1000 watt cool tubes????? Thank you.

2. You cold daisy-chain them, the output of the first tube feeds to the input of the second, and so on. But, to do so you would need a powerful fan and minimal bends in the pipes. And you would want the 8" not 6" tubes to ensure as much airflow as possible.

Or, two pairs of two with each pair on its own fan, or even four different fans one for each lamp. More than one way to skin a cat.

3. there are many ways to vent with these tubes, the main factor is how are you going to place the lights. then you figure out the venting scheme.

4. I am trying to use one fan per light. The lights will be on a light mover track so I will have to use flexible 6" dryer hose to vent. What CFM should I use?????

5. How many CFM depends on the room.

You want to exchange all the air in the room every 5 minutes.

If your room was 10'w x 10'd x 10'h you would have 1000 square feet.

If you wanted to exchange the air every 5 minutes you would need a fan that was 1000/5 = 200 CFM.

6. :D[​IMG]