air conditioner??

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by chasejordon, May 14, 2017.

1. okay so my heat is becoming a problem, sometimes it can get up to 88 and i'm afraid if something happens to my fan that my babies will burn to death before i even know that anythings wrong.
    problem is, there is no vent and no window to be able to run an exhaust out of the room, and i'm not putting any holes in the wall. my question is, does anyone know a good air conditioner that doesn't need to be hooked up to anything other than an outlet? thank you!!

2. Get a an exhaust fan and a carbon filter.

3. Even if you get a portable AC, you'll need to vent the exhaust from it somewhere if I'm not mistaken

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. i have no way to run an exhaust fan. i have no window and no vents and i'm not willing to ruin the walls.

5. That's why I said get a carbon filter. It lets the air release into the room without smell.

6. well shit. there's gotta be something capable of cooling down a small bathroom without exhaust.

7. are you saying to sit a carbon filter on the floor and put a fan ontop of it?

8. A portable ac won't really help without exhaust man, sorry. It really isn't that much to rig up a carbon filter and a fan but whatever. Btw, 88 is already WAY too high for weed.

9. i know it's high, it's usually around 80 but it gets up to 88 when i close the door to the room. they're about to start smelling so ill have no choice but to shut the door and seal them in. would the carbon filter and fan really do anything for the heat, or would that be more for smell? there's gotta be something that can cool down the room.

10. No, that will just help with smell. The hot air will just release back into the room.

You might need to get an exhaust fan and carbon filter, then run some ducting from that into another room to get the heat out. Don't cut holes in wall, just run ducting along floor to another room

11. Yes, it would decrease the heat as long as you have an intake hole which I'm assuming you probably don't. Sorry man but growing in a fucking bathroom is just in no way optimal, and this is why.

12. id have to cut the bottom of the door a bit then. i won't be able to run it underneath the door, right? it'd cut off like all the air flow

13. do you have any experience with the carbon filter and fan? does it fix the smell for the most part? i could run the exhaust out on the floor if i could control the smell

14. Probably. Don't know how you'd run ducting under a door.

Can you use a grow tent instead? Maybe it would be easier to control the environment in a more enclosed space.

15. The carbon filter will pretty much eliminate all of the smell. After that it's just a matter of ensuring there is some opening, around twice the diameter of the opening for the filter, to let fresh air in from the room the bathroom connects to. This is all going to make the bathroom a little hard to access though lol.
    \

• Like Like x 1
  16. i was planning on using the profit from this grow to invest in a tent, i already found a kit online im planning on ordering. the space i'm using now is very convenient and i'm pleased with it, i just need to control the heat. and i was planning on just using the tent in the future for flower and the area i use now for veg, so i can have more going at once. so i would really like to figure out a solution

17. i'm sorry, i think i'm going a little dumb from all the reading up on shit ive done today. are you saying the door needs to be open?

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

18. you will have to have a carbon filter and fan and controller whether you like it or not or you better have no one over and live in the woods. The smell will get strong. If you move enough air the temps will fall.

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. You just need a setup where air can get in and air can get out through the carbon filter. I don't know how you can do it with a bathroom door, but you can try. Otherwise your only option is to get a grow tent man.

20. i'm sorry i'm confused. are you saying the carbon filter would have to be in the door way, half in and half out? could i just leave the door wide open and put the carbon filter in the room but near the door?