Air conditioner

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by ganjaman10, Feb 8, 2015.

1. I am in a 10x10 room with 4 1k lights. What BTU will cover this in your guys experience? Thanks

2. #2 Grade A, Feb 8, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 8, 2015
    I think there is a lot more info needed to help you. You could run 4 1ks in a 10x10 without any ac. What are your temps like now? Do you have air cooled hoods? Are you exhausting all the hot air outside the room/building that it's in?

• Like Like x 1
  3. Sorry, you are right. My temps are fine now. Yes my hoods are cooled by a fan and then taken outside. I feel as if my room is not getting enough fresh air which is also why I want an AC unit to pull in the fresh air via the fan. As of now my room has a carbon filter in it and is in the room by itself. I am pulling air from outside my tent and through my lights and then outside. 

4. #4 BHamBudzNW, Feb 8, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 8, 2015
    You need a lot more information about his grow before you tell him he can go without an A/C unit with 4k watts even if the hoods are air cooled.

If he was in a basement in Washington for example he definitely wouldn't need one. A bedroom in Phoenix Arizona, definitely would.

You will want a mini split A/C unit for a grow your size, not a window unit. Window units will pull fresh air from outside to inside where as a mini split will not. If you want more fresh air upgrade the intake and exhaust fans.

I run 8k watts in a 10x10 grow area and use a 2.5 ton mini split unit, I believe it's 24,000 BTU. All my hoods are vented and heat still builds easily to over 82 degrees in the summer where I live in Washington.

Bham

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

5. I don't remember telling him he didn't need a a/c lol. I told him he could run 4 1ks without one but that depends on a bunch of other factors.

6. If its not sealed you dont need ac.....or co2....and youll do great....if its sealed....8000 to 16000 btu to get that 80/60 temp swing

7. I live in Washington. Central Washington. I'm just trying to think of the cheapest way to get fresh air in and keep it cool. As of now I just have a vent cut in my door and it's cooler in that room so it pulls the air in through that. Then I open my tent vents at the bottom.

8. So what are your temps like now? And are you exhausting the hot air out of your house?