air circulation

Discussion in 'Grow Room Design/Setup' started by Smokesalot77, Sep 18, 2009.

1. okay im ready to set up the intake and exhaust in my grow cab but there are only a couple places that i can fit an exhaust because the lights take up lots of space. I know that the intake should be on the bottom and the exhaust on the top opposite side for best circulation. My question is would it be okay for me to put the intake on the side of the bottom of the cabinet and have my exhaust on the top but directly centered? That is the most convenient way for me to do it but if its not a good idea please let me know before i make the mistake. thanx

2. Hey Smokesalot77-

From what I understood, if you have the intake coming in from the bottom... you will be good having your exhaust pulling hot air at the top of your box, straight up. Depending on the CFMs of the two fans (intake and exhaust) and the grow space, you will want to make sure to keep a good balance. Oh, and make sure to have a fan blowing that intake air.

I am no professional, but this has worked for me and I know grow tents have vent holes directly on the top of them, which are highly used. -M