AIM Chat "Grasscity"

Discussion in 'General' started by Diego209, Jan 14, 2006.

1. I made a AIM Buddy Chat.

"Grasscity"

In AIM messenger under actions -->Buddy Chat-->

See you heads there.

2. I'd totally hit that up if i did have AIM

Oh well.

3. Get it rasta, I got Yahoo Messenger, and AIM...
    Why isn't there an official grass city chat already anyway?

4. No way, everything AOL is full of spyware.

5. they said we cant do that, because of the name. if u dont name it grasscity its cool, but there was somewhere that an admin said something about not using the name.

6. I didnt know Im a new member... What is a good chat name ?

I Got it the new name is "Mary Jane"

7. thats cool, i just wouldnt want anyone to get in trouble

8. The City does not want it's name associated with any type of chat room because there are far too many liabilities for us to ever do such a thing.

Grasscity is also copyrighted material and the name or image can't be used without express permisson from Superjoint, the creator. Using the name without his permisson can carry serious legal consequences.

9. Correct me if I'm wrong, but US copyright has no legal bearing in other countries. Conversly, wouldn't Holland's copyright laws have little bearing for US citizens? Or is it a trademark? Or am I way off?

Anyway, Rasta, there's a lot of AIM clients out there. Well I'm on a Mac so I use Adium, but there's some other ones for PC.

But remember, AOL changed their Terms of Service to allow them to monitor/record all IM convos, so be careful what you say. When friends IM me about drugs and stuff I act like I don't know what they're talking about.

10. how do i get 2 that chat thing tho man

11. im trying to figure out the same thing

im on aim, i just cant figure out where to input the chat room name.

12. same dudes...do you have to have aim triton?

13. Yes trademark, my mistake. Grasscity's name legally belongs to Superjoint and is considered an intellectual property right. It's been enforced with his legal team in courts on various occasions.

14. AIM Triton users. Click Action ... THen click buddy chat.

Enter : Mary Jane

Friend invite : just write something,.. dont matter.

and it will bring you here.

15. can someone invite me...i only have reg AIM...Triton messed my shit up.

sn is eyebedevin

cheers

16. Come on people join the chat im bored!!!