Ahmaud arbery

Discussion in 'Pandora's Box' started by loopster, May 14, 2020.

1. The situation is far from okay but its very silly to come to hasty conclusions when none of us probably have the real details of the occurrence and are just being fed information from the biased media outlets.

Speculation at best from most of us. Transparency isn’t something the United States is fond of so I don’t imagine much transparency with this matter either.

• Like Like x 1
  2. I'm sure you are to some degree right and there are 2 sides to every story. Unfortunately one side of that story died on the street. I would rather speak up for his side since he is unable to do it.

• Agree Agree x 1

3. Did you know him personally?

4. double post...

5. Silliness. I'm pretty sure you knew what I was saying. But if it might help you I am from a small town in Georgia not far from where this happened and I do have family members that know the family. I also have a family member that knows the accused....

• Like Like x 1
  6. take ethnicity out of the equation - they are all of caucasian descent. three men, in a premeditated act armed themselves with firearms and a camera, chased an unarmed man down, confronted him saying who knows what, shot the unarmed three times with a 12 gauge shotgun, another man filmed most of the event and, in all likelihood he too was armed.

in the days before civilized law became the rule of the land - the frontier days - people would call what those men did one or both of, 'a lynching', or, 'vigilante justice', neither of which is acceptable in the 21st century. i call it premeditated murder. i find it deplorable. we are not advancing as a species of people.

there is no race issue. Ahmaud was a human being and he was gunned down in broad daylight while being filmed. if any of the "undecided" wonder why i keep pointing out that Arbery was shot three times, point blank, with a 12 gauge shotgun, then go to utube and do some searching for 12 gauge shotgun ballistics tests and you'll wonder no more why i keep bringing it up. the shooter had better have had an auto 12 gauge because if he was racking that thing after every shot tsk, tsk for him.

i can not even imagine that carnage. three times, 12 gauge shotgun. doesn't matter the load at that range.

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
  7. semi auto or not likely they were hunters and the law is such that you have to block your slide so 3 rounds are Max in the shotgun. He absolutely unloaded on that guy. If he had more shells he would have used them.. Either way he squeezed the trigger 3 times for 3 charges

• Like Like x 1
  8. Yup you are correct. Nobody lives forever

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

• Like Like x 1
  9. Well it sounds like you have a solid case. You have no idea what was said during the altercation, and the video evidence your referring to is incomplete. Your words... It obviously happened exactly how your interpreting it.... How you people even come to these conclusions is beyond me. You contradicted yourself in your own answer.

10. I get the idea that we don't know everything that happened. That being said were it to have happened exactly how he said would you agree that would be murder?

• Like Like x 1
  11. Forget the video. Use law. I posted the GA rules for a citizens arrest here. Look at it. The argument in court will have nothing to do about race. It will have everything to do with law. And although not concrete, the case against them is very bad. Because under GA law, they had no lawful reason to chase that man down in the first place, let alone armed. The law is not on their side in this situation. We don’t live in the Wild West. Legally carried firearms aren’t so legal when used during the commission of a crime. Chasing down a man who trespassed a property is not a reason to grab the guns and car keys instead of a phone. But keep reaching.

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. Your the one who is reaching with incomplete explanation of what happened. If you haven’t noticed I haven’t defended these 3 men in any of my posts and have not given my opinion at all one way or the other. Posting laws doesn’t make your argument right that’s pretty lazy way of arguing. You have no proof of what was said between the 4 men, you have no way of proving if they preformed the citizens arrest lawfully or not based on this shitty video. You were not their so you cannot speak about their decision to pursue a citizens arrest in the first place so stop reaching with your emotions for a conviction

13. How do you not understand that what was or wasn’t said is irrelevant? How do you not see that focusing on what was said, instead of the actual actions, has one purpose and one purpose only. The justification of murder. Stop getting mad at me for not thinking as slowly as you. You think what was said matters and I think what was done matters more. We don’t and won’t agree on this issue. That’s clear. No need to keep the discussion going. You’re not changing my mind.

And you ask how I know the citizens arrest wasn’t lawful. Two words. Chase and guns. I already said, forget the video.

• Like Like x 1
  14. And no observance of a crime being committed.

:smoke:

• Like Like x 1
  15. No not until someone calls for your arrest with such little evidence you won’t understand. And there is no changing your opinion glad we agree... Another thing we both agree that people kill people and not guns.

16. I agree this isn’t advancement of our kind.
    Until guns in America are banished, similar to England, we will only continue to encounter violent occurrences such as these.

The right to bear arms is in our Constitution though so I don’t see that happening anytime soon.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  17. So now we have these 2 cops who just killed Mr. Floyd in Minnesota, I’m sure your aware! How many people stood around video taping while 2 cops broke the law?? Would be nice if those citizens conducted a citizens arrest on those officers and prevented Mr. Floyd’s death. Nobody is above the law, specially cops. Everyone just stood around and watched that man die instead of do something about it. I guess they were all too busy listening to people like you which is why they all stood around while 2 officers committed murder! ‍♂️ ain’t that a bitch

18. #158 Smokesignals420, May 29, 2020
    Last edited: May 29, 2020
    It’s ultimately in the hands of the court system. To be fair, you are making certain character assumptions of these men. I’m not arguing wether they committed murder or not, I’m just saying that an assumption is not an argument. I would not make a character assumption of the victim just because a white man had killed him.

Let’s be reminded that the man accused is a retired police officer and former investigator. Of course, anyone has the potential to be disgraced, but he certainly wasn’t a klan member brewing his own moonshine. People of all races know not to charge someone with a firearm (assuming that’s what truly happened).

No matter what the truth is, the attention given to this story is really telling in regards to racial relations. All in all, a sad situation whichever way you look at it.

19. Evidently you have not spent much time in the South. Lots of members of law enforcement are also members of the KKK. It takes all types man.

20. #160 Smokesignals420, May 30, 2020
    Last edited: May 31, 2020
    Let’s not get too far off topic from the men we are discussing, but I was under the impression the hate group’s recruitment was at an all time historical low?

How can an officer attend klan rallies and be expected to carry out the law equally?