Ahmaud arbery

Discussion in 'Pandora's Box' started by loopster, May 14, 2020.

1. I love this response! You have no idea. Thank you. Like I can’t just scroll up and see you doing what you just described. Avoiding my question with questions! The irony! It’s comical. Actually, I don’t even think you attempted to answer it. Just ignored it, lol. Thanks again, bro. This is a perfect time for me to step away. Take care.

2. You're right, it's probably best you just step away.

Today's Forcast... Partly Cloudy With A Chance Of Amber.

3. Hell yeah! For you. It was getting ugly.

4. P.S. If you go back and re-read your posts that are directed at me, you will see you never asked a single question until you answered my question with your own. All you did was go straight to attacking me. You don't even know what you yourself posted. LMAO!!!!!!! Thanks for the laughs this morning, you made my day.

5. It's true what they say LOL, ignorance is bliss.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. Then you must be one blissful motherfucker! Enjoy!

• Like Like x 1
  7. Keep trying to justify your racist tendencies.

• Like Like x 2
  8. idk the laws in GA but the man with the shotgun is going down for no less than manslaughter. capitol murder is the more likely charge. as for the other two knucklehead - "the daddy" and the aspiring cinematographer - accessory to murder would be my advice.

forget about the racist angle for a moment. a video of a man being shot and killed is posted on the internet for the world to see. how can one not have empathy for that? are we not human and are we not living in a society of laws? sure people are getting shot and killed, or worse, every single day but what makes "this one so different" is that it was seemingly purposely videotaped and made public. that, in my opinion, is why it's different and why it's important. i dont see it any simpler than that but it sure could get a lot more complicated if it's thrown around as a racist-only act. it is going to be extremely difficult to prove a self defense for shooting an unarmed Arbery three fucking times with a shotgun based on what has thus far been said by "the people" involved and what's seen in the video.

• Like Like x 1
  9. #129 BlazedGlory, May 23, 2020
    Last edited: May 23, 2020
    From my point of view that video really does support the idea that it was justifiable homicide. If a guy rushes you and starts punching you in the head while trying to take your legally carried firearm, it's more than reasonable to fear for your life. I just link those arrest videos from 2017 to establish that Arbery was a pretty belligerent and aggressive guy, and that he has a history of petty crimes like theft, which makes it easy to believe he was there to steal. If you read the autopsy, the first round fired was most likely unintentional since it hit him in his right hand while he had his hand on the muzzle, trying to take the weapon. The second shot doesn't happen until after he punches Travis McMichael in the head five or six times and tries to get the gun, while Travis McMichael doesn't really defend himself other than trying to back away.

I'm not really sure what you guys think he should have done. If I was in that kind of situation I'd probably have shot him sooner. I could not care less about the race angle, it changes nothing from my perspective. If people are looking for a martyr this guy isn't really the best choice IMO

• Like Like x 2
  10. my only retort to your comments @BlazedGlory is, "the dudes" had many other options available to them that would not have put themselves or Arbery in harms way yet they armed themselves and chose to confront another person. in my pov that makes them the aggressor not Arbery. i can only imagine the verbal exchange going on.

ah well. i think it's a shame. the truth will be told.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. #131 Ballhead_Slick, May 23, 2020
    Last edited: May 23, 2020
    “Citizen's Arrests

As a private citizen, you have no authority to arrest anyone with a warrant. Without a warrant, you may arrest anyone who commits a mis-demeanor or a felony in your presence or with your immediate knowledge. A citizen's arrest occurs when a citizen prevents a suspect from leaving a scene. Citizen's arrest most often happens in cases like shoplifting, when the store's manager detains the suspected offender. However, as the following example shows, the manager or employee cannot make such an arrest in every case.

In Winn Dixie Stores Inc. v. Nichols, 205 Ga. App. 308, 422 S.E. 2d 209 (1992), a Winn Dixie customer complained to management that another customer stole her wallet. The court held that the limited rights of merchants to detain or arrest a person reasonably believed to have committed a shoplifting offense do not authorize a merchant to detain or arrest individuals accused by store patrons of committing crimes against other patrons. To make the arrest, an employee would have had to actually see the criminal act committed. Therefore, it was ruled that management had no authority to arrest the alleged criminal.The court suggested that the only person who could have made the citizen's arrest was the robbed customer herself.

When making a citizen's arrest, a person may not use more force than is reasonable to make the arrest. Deadly force is limited to self-defense or to instances in which such force is necessary to prevent certain felonies.

It must be stressed that the right of private citizens to make a citizen's arrest is limited. They cannot arrest people for violating local ordinances or regulations because these violations are not technically crimes as defined by state law.Therefore, as a private citizen, you would not have the authority to arrest a person who is creating a disturbance by making too much noise. In addition, a private person can only make a citizen's arrest for the purpose of bringing the suspect before a judicial officer”

[​IMG]

The argument: Were they justified in using firearms, legally carried or not, to perform a citizen arrest? The answer can only be yes if they witnessed a felony or were in immediate danger of life because of the crime they witnessed.

The courts will decide.

12. @Ballhead_Slick you reckon "the daddy" colors his goat? looks too bright to be natural. i imagine all three of them good ole boys are doing some "hard time". i know they're in protective custody 23/7, so that too is "hard time".

they're going to have to join the brotherhood to survive once they get tried, convicted,and sentenced. they are royally fucked imo.

• Like Like x 1
  13. There all gonna walk. Just wait.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

14. We shall see. It’s not up to you, fool. But check this out....they won’t live....just wait.

15. This happens all the time and nothing happens. Hey remember other black guy who got shot by x a few weeks/months/years ago?
    Sweep the spot for the next act to come on.

16. This mentality puts a smile on my face right now. Complacency....please stay there. Stay relaxed. The look of surprise on your face will just be that much more enjoyable when the time comes. Just wait. It’s coming.

17. The problem with your arguments is you just want to the oppressed to be the oppressor. I absolutely agree that this whole situation is completely fucked and is beyond shameful that our country has got into this place. We are a very racist nation whether we choose to admit it or not but I think what you are leaning towards is giving the oppressed the opportunity to kill the oppressors for a while. Sure it will feel good for a time but it just repeats the cycle in that eventually the newly oppressed will rise up and so on and so 4th... It's an impossibility but the hippie notion of why can't we all just get along is the only way it would get any better... of course that is not going to happen I and I'm sure you are right to some degree in that a reckoning will come but it won't fix the problem at this point it will just create new ones

18. Now, are they coming for me before or after "the dudes" and "the daddy"? I want to be clear on this.

• Like Like x 1
  19. the argument that this was a justified thing is ridiculous.. Two people attempted to detain another person at gunpoint.. Said person fought back resisting the detention at which point he was shot.. Shame on the lot of you that say that situation is ok