AHHHHHHh light comming through!!!

Discussion in 'Micro Grows' started by mahoney5693, Feb 3, 2011.

1. Ok so I made a micro grow box out of an old karoke machine...its 18 inches tall 7 inches wide and 11 inches long....I have installed both exhaust and intake fans but I cannot get ride of the large amount of light that is comming through my intake...this could possible get me busted so i need to take care of pronto!!!.Its a different story with my exhaust because I made an attachment that comes out the back that is filled with drier sheets so the light is covered alot but I need to take care of this intake so any ideas would be great thanks!

2. only way to get light around corners is reflection, you need make a light trap.

found this crappy image off google, you get the idea.. paint the inside of the trap black.

[​IMG]

3. alright thankss for the help...but any recommendations on how to make this?

4. Thin card and adhesive tape?

5. 2 boxes, one small enough to fit inside the other... cut the top & bottom off smaller box and tape it over your intake so it sort of acts like a duct..
    put the larger box over the "inside box" and cut its holes on the side in a way the airflow has to go around the walls of the inside box and back in the opposite direction inside the outer box.

if you do it right it can have very little impact on airflow and not let out a single ray of light.

6. Thank you guys for the help, I will be putting something together later tonight!:smoking:

7. here is a horrible diagram of the 2 nested boxes for a light trap.

Attached Files: