Ahhhh help me!

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by rand0mz, Aug 14, 2010.

1. #1 rand0mz, Aug 14, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 14, 2010
    Plant: Bubba x G13, 9 weeks old, started flowering 3 weeks ago.

I feel like such a bonehead, I sprayed my plant with a spray bottle that I THOUGHT was full of water, and it was some clear cleaning solution. :eek:

So now a couple of days have passed, and I'm starting to notice some effects. First of all there are a number of black spots now, throughout the plant, on the leaves not the buds. The black spots arn't very large, ill attach a picture. The second thing I noticed is my flowers (only the ones near the area that I sprayed with cleaner solution) have slightly changed in color. Instead of being green with white hairs, the white hairs turned orange/brown. Now I know that usually that would be a good thing, but in my case I don't think it is. Some of my biggest and best flowers on the whole plant are still green with white hairs, but the area where I sprayed the white hairs all turned orange/brown. I'm attaching pictures and all feedback and advice is appreciated.

Attached Files:

2. Best thing you can do now is get a CLEAN spray bottle and spray it down COMPLETELY with fresh water.. like drench it... Dont do it while its under the sun or grow light, do it when lights go out. If you got the solution in your soil then you should probably flush the soil as well.

On a side note, you should transplant it to a bigger pot for better results. That thing is probably rootbound in that little pot.

3. #3 rand0mz, Aug 14, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 14, 2010

Ok thanks for the advice. I actually did spray it down with regular water right after I realized my mistake, but I did that while in the sun..

Also the pot is plenty big, the plant is only 15" tall, and that pot is over 6" deep. Maybe the pictures make it appear differently.

4. Doing it under the sun will probably burn the leaves.

It is not true about the plant "feeling" the pot.. as long as the pot is not overy huge where moisture sits too long to damage the roots then the bigger the better. Dispensaries usually give you rooted clones in either rockwool or other grow plugs. this is so you have the option of using them in Hydro or Soil. Those clones just have small developing roots and dont require a large pot while they sit a few days on the shelf for the customer to pick up. When you bring them home you need to transplant them.